Two things other games have that we don't

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Two things other games have that we don't

Post by gorboth » 16 Feb 2015 17:23

Ragni's site is great, and if he wants to publish direct walkthrough instructions, it will not be against any rules.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 16 Feb 2015 20:39

gorboth wrote:Ragni's site is great, and if he wants to publish direct walkthrough instructions, it will not be against any rules.

G.

I do hope they will be more generic than the "3e, 2n, 3w, 2s" type of solutions though. More like "Go east from Huge Sign till you find the location of the Inn in Bree, get 10 cookies, then go westwards from Bree and somewhere in the north there you'll find orc camps and the office of a warden" style.
Flee you fools!

Ragni
Wanderer

Post by Ragni » 17 Feb 2015 00:06

gorboth wrote:Ragni's site is great, and if he wants to publish direct walkthrough instructions, it will not be against any rules.

G.
I've no intention of publishing direct walkthroughs on the site. I was always aim to give an expanded hint somewhere between the basic Quest orb information and a full walkthrough. That's what I was always aiming for and I think Keltar and Alisa who are adding quest info at the moment are following the same principle. What I hope we can do soon is get an expanded hint for every quest and then start a review where the level of information provided for each quest is checked.

Ragni

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 17 Feb 2015 00:21

Icarus wrote:

G.

I do hope they will be more generic than the "3e, 2n, 3w, 2s" type of solutions though. More like "Go east from Huge Sign till you find the location of the Inn in Bree, get 10 cookies, then go westwards from Bree and somewhere in the north there you'll find orc camps and the office of a warden" style.
I agree. I think it would be much better to introduce our newbies to the type of solutions that Ragni's site is presenting. It could absolutely be more detailed help too, but just because we used w,w,w,w,e,e,e,up etc doesn't mean it's the best way of help. The way Icarus described is still very helpful, but you do have to think a little, explore the area, and maybe even listen to what the NPCs tell you about the quest. I would have preferred that type of help instead of the solutions I used I think. But it was either full solutions or none... so the choice was pretty easy back then.:)

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 17 Feb 2015 16:47

While we are fixing (perhaps upgrading/finishing? I don't want it to sound like Ragni + company haven't already done an awesome job) the quest orbs, how about we get rid of this once per arma garbage on some quests as well? Oh, and let's make it so that items necessary for a quest aren't desirable for anything other than the quest. Hell, while we are at it, let's make quest mobs unkillable so that obscure quest A with obscure hint B isn't completely useless because obscure mob C is on someone's slaughter route.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 17 Feb 2015 17:34

Unfortunately many of the NPC's that are regularly killed are killed due to the equipment they can have....

Some off the top of my head that I can think of are

-Jadestone Doll
-Qualthas
-Verminaard though he is not as often dead.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 17 Feb 2015 17:39

Exactly. Also, even though they don't have gear, other mobs necessary to a quest are killed all the time. Although perhaps in some of the cases I am just not aware of the desirable item. For example, the witch in Mithas was dead for a quite a while yesterday.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 17 Feb 2015 17:52

Witch in Mithas always has a fairly decent robe so she is sought after.

Those are just some things you have to work around. I don't see them being made unkillable. Plus most of those foes have quests that someone veteran or lower isn't going to be doing so I don't see new players really running into the problem so much. By the time you get to those quests you're more than likely in Genesis for the long run ;)

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 17 Feb 2015 17:57

Perhaps, and I do see your argument. However, 'in genesis for the long run' and 'wanting to have to attempt to do the same quest over and over because someone keeps killing the mobs necessary for that quest' are not the same thing. I don't see why I should have to return to the same spot day after day after day to try and do a quest as I have many times so far these last couple of weeks. That is not adding to the 'mystique' or whatever people get from questing. That is just a pain in the ass. Add that to the already heavy burden of forcing people who do NOT enjoy questing in genesis to quest in the first place, i.e. Me, and you are making it a truly miserable experience indeed.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 17 Feb 2015 19:57

Dread wrote:While we are fixing (perhaps upgrading/finishing? I don't want it to sound like Ragni + company haven't already done an awesome job) the quest orbs, how about we get rid of this once per arma garbage on some quests as well? Oh, and let's make it so that items necessary for a quest aren't desirable for anything other than the quest. Hell, while we are at it, let's make quest mobs unkillable so that obscure quest A with obscure hint B isn't completely useless because obscure mob C is on someone's slaughter route.
We do have a quest team fix that should work on discovering and fixing things like this. Not sure how active they are though. I am all for fixing quests, its time consuming work though, and unless you know which quests are faulty it's impossible.

The more detailed help you questers can provide about what's wrong, the better chance of it getting fixed. Unfortunately players very rarely seem to report these things, making it very hard to know something is wrong. In game mails or, even better, bug reports are also much easier to sort and remember than general comments about stuff on the forums. Its easy to miss and easy to forget in the constant flow of threads.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/