Two things other games have that we don't

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zestana
Expert

Re: Two things other games have that we don't

Post by Zestana » 17 Feb 2015 20:06

I have my own personal walkthrough that I made for every quest on the quest orbs including guru quests for nearly every guild... I could tell you what was wrong and faulty for each one if I ran through them all with fairly little effort. I even have appropriate size labelled with each one and items needed/necessary skills before trying.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 17 Feb 2015 20:38

Well, anytime I hit a wall I am trying to post about it.

As of now, I have completed 100% of the quests (that I have access to) in Kalad, Faerun, Raumdor, Earthsea, Calia (except number game and obelisks), Khalakhor, Emerald, and Sparkle.

The outstanding lands have these issues:

Shire:
1. Still haven't found that bastard Dondel. This is just me though I think, his possible area seems huge but I am not sure.
2. The JBS is farmed constantly, so this quest is pretty hard to do. Needs to be changed to a non-desirable item imo.

Gondor:
No outstanding issues, 80%~ish done. Haven't completed 100% yet due to other factors.

Avenir:
1. The Interrogation logic puzzle eludes me, my problem though, not a quest issue.
2. The Faerie rescue will not complete for me.
3. Falchion sacrifice quest has already been mentioned as an issue, I have not bothered to try it yet.
4. Haven't tried the new tours yet.

Terel:
1. Haven't been able to get the Caravan quest to work. Clerk is non-responsive after initial response to mentioning 'caravan.'
2. Haven't been able to finish Berion's note. This is not a quest issue, I just am not getting it. There is a part I haven't gotten stuck on that I cannot get around.

Krynn/Ansalon:
1. Thief in sanction farmed for reasons other than the quest, haven't been able to complete this.
2. Witch in Mithas farmed for robe apparently, makes completing a PITA, finished finally.
3. Ferret is once per reboot, haven't finished.

I am only 30-40% done here so there maybe more.

Now, all that being said. A LOT of quests make leaps in syntax that would have been impossible for me without help. This is imo the primary issue with questing in Genesis, and one I don't know how you are going to fix.

Althyrian
Apprentice

Post by Althyrian » 17 Feb 2015 20:42

Dread - The Caravan has been stuck just south of the crossroads for most of this armageddon. Once army hits try it again.

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 17 Feb 2015 20:43

Dread wrote:Well, anytime I hit a wall I am trying to post about it.

As of now, I have completed 100% of the quests (that I have access to) in Kalad, Faerun, Raumdor, Earthsea, Calia (except number game and obelisks), Khalakhor, Emerald, and Sparkle.

The outstanding lands have these issues:

Shire:
1. Still haven't found that bastard Dondel. This is just me though I think, his possible area seems huge but I am not sure.
Dondel's wife does give a subtile hint about where Dondel works...
Dread wrote:2. The JBS is farmed constantly, so this quest is pretty hard to do. Needs to be changed to a non-desirable item imo.
Maybe make it possible to get the gem out of a broken JBS, would make it easier then!
Dread wrote:Gondor:
No outstanding issues, 80%~ish done. Haven't completed 100% yet due to other factors.

Avenir:
1. The Interrogation logic puzzle eludes me, my problem though, not a quest issue.
2. The Faerie rescue will not complete for me.
3. Falchion sacrifice quest has already been mentioned as an issue, I have not bothered to try it yet.
This is in the works as I've heard
Dread wrote: 4. Haven't tried the new tours yet.

Terel:
1. Haven't been able to get the Caravan quest to work. Clerk is non-responsive after initial response to mentioning 'caravan.'
Syntax annoying: try asking him "help us"
Dread wrote: 2. Haven't been able to finish Berion's note. This is not a quest issue, I just am not getting it. There is a part I haven't gotten stuck on that I cannot get around.

Krynn/Ansalon:
1. Thief in sanction farmed for reasons other than the quest, haven't been able to complete this.
2. Witch in Mithas farmed for robe apparently, makes completing a PITA, finished finally.
3. Ferret is once per reboot, haven't finished.

I am only 30-40% done here so there maybe more.

Now, all that being said. A LOT of quests make leaps in syntax that would have been impossible for me without help. This is imo the primary issue with questing in Genesis, and one I don't know how you are going to fix.

At least some aid there.
Flee you fools!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 17 Feb 2015 21:08

Okay, thanks Dread.

Well, Gorboth recruited a quest reform team, who should work on these issues. Both bugs, illogical things, and syntaxes. As you said, it's not an easy fix. And probably not something one person can fix in a reasonable amount of time. Unless they are experts both in quest knowledge and programming... and have time to spare.:) I think the quest reform team is collecting info and suggesting fixes, then it will be up some brave wizard(s) to actually fix it too.

That is, if the quest reform team is still active.

Or, we could convince Zestana to wiz and have it all fixed fairly soon.:)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 17 Feb 2015 22:19

The state of the Quest Reform team is unknown to me at present. I've not had time RL to monitor it or be involved for months now. Can any of you on the team give a report to where you're at? I agree Zestana would be an excellent addition to the official efforts.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Drip
Wanderer

Post by Drip » 18 Feb 2015 00:22

Somethings in other games that we don't have (hey! I'm counting myself as part of the community now! :D)
Is art, or something that brings the text in game to life. If a page on the website could be about genesis-inspired drawings?
And the meeting room with different races and a hood creature is awesome.
(if you don't understand what I've written, assume I have bad wording)

Ragni
Wanderer

Post by Ragni » 18 Feb 2015 00:27

gorboth wrote:The state of the Quest Reform team is unknown to me at present. I've not had time RL to monitor it or be involved for months now. Can any of you on the team give a report to where you're at? I agree Zestana would be an excellent addition to the official efforts.

G.
From my point of view the Quest reform work is on hold at the moment. I'm rather slammed at the moment in RL due to getting promotion at work which is good but is limiting my time to play. I did make decent progress in re-doing all the quests, checking for
poor syntax, bugs etc as I was going along. I'll hopefully get back into things in a week or two when I get used to this new job. I'll chase the rest of the quest reform team to see how they are getting along. Zestana if you would like to join the team please get in touch.

Ragni

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 18 Feb 2015 13:38

easy solution (once quest reform is being worked on again) is make all quest npcs worth little to no xp and cruddy equipment and make sure quest items are not very valuable/useful unless your actually on the quest for them.

or have a command or unkillable npc you can talk to if your activly on a quest to reset quest npcs/items.

you can always drop the famed/valuable equipment from another npc nearby. thats not actually needed for the quest. this way people are less likly to hunt them.

a lot of mmos soecifically have quest mobs drop nothing/no exp to discourage camping.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 18 Feb 2015 13:44

Snowrose wrote: or have a command or unkillable npc you can talk to if your activly on a quest to reset quest npcs/items.
Nice, If you never complete the quest you can spawn mobs whenever you like;)
Almost like herbalist gloves in Terel.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/