magic how do i learn new spells?

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Yensy
Beginner

magic how do i learn new spells?

Post by Yensy » 04 Jul 2015 09:05

So far i've got the first like 6 spells that the academy teaches you but how do i learn more?

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: magic how do i learn new spells?

Post by Cherek » 04 Jul 2015 14:51

Yensy wrote:So far i've got the first like 6 spells that the academy teaches you but how do i learn more?
Everything in Genesis is related to guilds. You got access to Acedemy spells as long as you're a member of the Acedemy. If you pick another magic guild you're able to learn other spells. So to learn more than what the Academy offers you need to join more magic guilds.

Many players in Genesis who only belong to fighter guilds have very few or no spells at all.

Yensy
Beginner

Post by Yensy » 04 Jul 2015 21:55

Thanks.Wait you can join more than one guild at a time?if so where is a good magic guild located?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 04 Jul 2015 22:09

Yensy wrote:Thanks.Wait you can join more than one guild at a time?if so where is a good magic guild located?
You can join one occupational, one layman, one racial and one craft guild. So maximum four guilds at one time.

All guilds and some info about their locations is on our official homepage, http://www.genesismud.org. Just click on guilds. And as you can see fighter guilds dominate Genesis, so your options for magic guilds are the ones listed under "magic" and "cleric" basically.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 06 Jul 2015 09:10

untill you can join an occupational guild Acadamy is the best magic guild. You will need to be at least avdenturer to join a Non school occupational caster guild and most of those are a bit more preasty than magicy and/or have a long apprentice system where you have to be very nice to a mentor and do difficult tasks that are designed to be frusterating to the impatient. Start making caster friends now cause if you know somone it is easier.

You cant join layman or occ guilds while you are in acadamy also you will lose all academy spells when you leave and they are definatly better than most layman guilds. You can join a racial and craft guild
I recomend gardeners for craft guilf if you want to be a caster.

and racial depends on what race and alignment you are. another good reason to ask people who are in the OCC guild you wish to be as many guilds have race/alignment limitations as well as restrictions on layman guilds. for example you cannot be a drow ranger.

there may be a few "spells" you can get via quest items. Cadu has a Strength spell, Calia has a couple of items, Terel has the zodiac gem which has magical abilities connected. Emerald has the Torque, Quest item "spells" can never be taken away unless you lose its quest item which you can sometimes get back.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/