lowering brutality?

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Yensy
Beginner

lowering brutality?

Post by Yensy » 06 Jul 2015 08:59

is questing the only way to reduce brutality? or can i go do some not fighting to reduce it.like can i go gather herbs for a while and hey im not violent anymore or is it only quests.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Re: lowering brutality?

Post by Snowrose » 06 Jul 2015 09:21

Yes questing and world events are the only way, there is 2 weekly quests in sparkle if that helps.
herbing will RAISE your brutality.

bruitality is calculated by:
Nonquest Exp
------------------------
Total Exp

so the more Qexp you have the lower your brute.

Yensy
Beginner

Post by Yensy » 06 Jul 2015 09:43

wow that kind of sucks well now i know.Do all the quests!!!

Madelf52
Greenhorne

Post by Madelf52 » 02 Jun 2019 22:44

Did I read that right? Herbing (as in searching for herbs) RAISES brutality??? Why? How is that in any way violent?

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 02 Jun 2019 23:42

They just call it that.... Questing will lower your brutality, and when you have a low brutality you will gain more xp when you herb, smith or fight
The word is a bit weird, i give you that.

The best way to grow is to do as many quests as possible. focus on that instead of fighting. Herbing will not make your brutality go up that fast so you can do that safely.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 03 Jun 2019 01:37

Of course you become more brutal by murdering those poor defenceless plants!

Okay, fine, the logic is kind of weird, but herbing does indeed raise brutality. Welcome to a game created by several hundreds (thousands?) of different people during 30 years. Some things are bound to be a bit quirky (drinking alcohol for healing is another example), but that's part of the charm :)

In short,
- Anything that moves your quest experience progress level makes you less brutal. (Doing quests and winning quest experience rewards in global events)
- Anything that moves your progress level makes you more brutal. (Anything that isn't quests or events, including fighting, herbing, and forging)

But like Gold bezie said, don't worry about herbing or forging. The amount of XP and brutality you get from that is minimal, and even if you spend a lot of time herbing and/or forging it is unlikely to have a noticeable effect in the long run. Fighting gives WAY more XP, and more XP means more brutality.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 03 Jun 2019 06:27

Madelf52 wrote:Did I read that right? Herbing (as in searching for herbs) RAISES brutality??? Why? How is that in any way violent?

Caramell
Novice

Post by Caramell » 06 Jun 2019 04:06

You wizards are just hilarious :)

Madelf52
Greenhorne

Post by Madelf52 » 10 Jun 2019 20:19

Well that might explain why I've gone from "slightly touchy" to "very touchy" without ever swinging a weapon. Gonna have to quit herbs cold turkey for awhile, I guess....

Tarlok
Apprentice

Post by Tarlok » 11 Jun 2019 04:30

There is one more way to lower your brutality that noone has yet mentioned - in fact this method has a pronounced effect on lowering your brutality... ;-)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/