Where to grind on which level?

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zhar
Wizard

Re: Where to grind on which level?

Post by Zhar » 09 Nov 2016 09:15

Cherek wrote:
Zhar wrote:And how about giants in Kalad? They're amazing when you're great adventurer - rising hero.
They're already on the list. Though in the Rising Hero-Titan category. You think they fit better in GA-RH?
At RH-T you have better places to grind. At GA-RH they are great exp, no cash like Draugor mentioned and relatively safe to do since they don't hit you much (you can start grinding them at adept with maxed Cadet skils).

And yet another places that comes to mind (not sure if it's GA-RH or RH-T though - I remember that you can do smaller dwarves when you're adept/ga but the further you go into the camp the harder it gets) is the dwarf camp south-west of Solace, next to Haven.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 09 Nov 2016 17:19

Very well, moving them to GA-expert.

You think the dwarf camp is for GA-expert? I'd probably go with RH-titan as the "main" group for that one. Obviously some places fit for several levels, but I tried to place them in the group where it's fits the most. I don't think I've ever seen anyone solo below hero-ish go there... although I never were there all that mcuh so I could be wrong.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 09 Nov 2016 17:32

Cherek wrote:Very well, moving them to GA-expert.

You think the dwarf camp is for GA-expert? I'd probably go with RH-titan as the "main" group for that one. Obviously some places fit for several levels, but I tried to place them in the group where it's fits the most. I don't think I've ever seen anyone solo below hero-ish go there... although I never were there all that mcuh so I could be wrong.

GA-Expert would need to heal all the time in the dwearfcamp, to many hits at once as they assist :P
Hero+, alot of myths go there for quick kills since you can clear it rather fast.

I'd say GA-Champ, go undead caves in calia but only do skeletons unless above RHish, and stay away from the damn cats

Tharandil
Adventurer

Post by Tharandil » 11 Nov 2016 20:18

I feel like the big harads should be moved to the champ-legend category
If feel that they are pretty tough if you're rh-titan.
Might just be me tho

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 27 Feb 2017 19:40

One thing thats annoying me is I try to go to some of these places listed for newbies and yet most of the time there is some Ogre there killing things faster then I can read or move to try and keep ahead and kill at least something. Others have said people hunt the lower leveled mobs for quick imbuements or in ogres cases heads... some of these areas really should be level restricted or if you're killing a bunch of small fries your chance to obtain loot is removed.

Luma
Adept

Post by Luma » 19 Jul 2017 23:05

Arman wrote: Cherek, you may be familiar with a minotaur camp just outside of Solace? *cough cough* It could probably do with a bit of reward buffing, and either a downgrade of the special attacks to make them viable for smaller toons, or a buffing of the xp.
Might I simply add that it is unrealistic from some certain members of a particular guild within close range of the camp to acquire a particular spell component from the residents of this camp.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 30 Jul 2017 23:12

Luma wrote:
Arman wrote: Cherek, you may be familiar with a minotaur camp just outside of Solace? *cough cough* It could probably do with a bit of reward buffing, and either a downgrade of the special attacks to make them viable for smaller toons, or a buffing of the xp.
Might I simply add that it is unrealistic from some certain members of a particular guild within close range of the camp to acquire a particular spell component from the residents of this camp.
Hmm? Probably best to mail AoP and/or the liege of Krynn (Arman) if there is a problem with the area and spell components.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 31 Jul 2017 00:34

Cherek wrote:
Luma wrote:
Hmm? Probably best to mail AoP and/or the liege of Krynn (Arman) if there is a problem with the area and spell components.

The spell component refered to is actually near impossible for anyone Luma's size.
Even to the point of being annoying to get for someone my size.
So yeah..
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 01 Aug 2017 02:44

This is a really helpful list Cherek/contributors, thanks. I didn't see anyone mention the hobgoblins in Avenir -- I think for wanderer-adept. (They seem around the same level as Sarn Ford orcs.) Note that they are good/(neutral?)!! I followed the "newbie area" sign and killed a bunch of them before realizing I had gone from blessed to untrustworthy.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Aug 2017 04:47

Raelle wrote:This is a really helpful list Cherek/contributors, thanks. I didn't see anyone mention the hobgoblins in Avenir -- I think for wanderer-adept. (They seem around the same level as Sarn Ford orcs.) Note that they are good/(neutral?)!! I followed the "newbie area" sign and killed a bunch of them before realizing I had gone from blessed to untrustworthy.
Good point, I missed those. Added them with align "(good?)" until it's been confirmed further. Goodie hobgoblins sounds unusual? But if your align dropped, and there were no other reason for it, they must be?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/