Where to grind on which level?

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Where to grind on which level?

Post by Cherek » 22 Oct 2015 15:37

Laurel wrote:
Cherek wrote:Myth
Trolls, Mithas (evil)
need over 100 to get from neutral to agreeable ... those damned suckers!
Really?I kinda assumed they are evil, they're trolls after all. Guess not all trolls are evil then.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 22 Oct 2015 18:30

Cherek wrote:
Laurel wrote:
Cherek wrote:Myth
Trolls, Mithas (evil)
need over 100 to get from neutral to agreeable ... those damned suckers!
Really?I kinda assumed they are evil, they're trolls after all. Guess not all trolls are evil then.
They're too stupid to be evil.
Chaotic neutral most likely.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 22 Oct 2015 23:37

Cherek wrote:Arman: Yeah I too think the dracs should be more rewarding considering all their little tricks. I am not expert on that though, so when it comes XP balance you really should talk to Petros. But he is active so I am sure he'll listen! I am all for it if you wanna have a look at tweaking some Krynn/Ansalon mobs. You're the closest thing to an active Krynn liege we have anyway.:)

When it comes to Flotsam the level of BDA protection has always varied. Not sure what their current policy is. Sometimes Kernan is okay, sometimes Balifor is okay but not Flotsam, and there's been times neither has been protected. Besides, people dare grind Haradrims, I am sure they would dare grind in Flotsam/Balifor too it was rewarding. And if BDA decides to protect we'll have players interacting, which usually is a good thing anyway.

Are the undeads in the Chemosh temple a good grinding area? I considered including them, but I've never heard about or seen anyone actually go there to grind. I know I did back in -97 or something, but back then a splendid sword was pretty neat and Dragonarmy guards really good XP so... not sure how they hold up today?

Right the minotaurs. Good idea. That area could really use some love. The code is a real mess though. Wonder what silly wizard coded those!
Probably talking a bit out of school, but I wouldn't mind other (mortal) thoughts on this.

Had a look through the draconians and did some comparisons with other hunting areas with a handy gnomish tool of Cotillion's. From an xp point of view -and taking into account their abilities- they are actually pretty reasonable. I think that the issue is more that the areas have a dispersement of draconians that range in mortal level from apprentice levels to legend level. There isn't a concentration of a particular size range to make it worth hunting by looks?

Thoughts? Does that sound about right?

Also, their monetary rewards are pretty average at the lower levels compared to other hunting areas in Genesis... so not attractive to smaller players where $$s are probably as important as the xp.

Cherek - your minotaur code was fine by my looks :). It could certainly be converted quite easily to fill a hunting ground gap... what mortal range were you thinking?

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 23 Oct 2015 10:39

Arman wrote:Had a look through the draconians and did some comparisons with other hunting areas with a handy gnomish tool of Cotillion's. From an xp point of view -and taking into account their abilities- they are actually pretty reasonable. I think that the issue is more that the areas have a dispersement of draconians that range in mortal level from apprentice levels to legend level. There isn't a concentration of a particular size range to make it worth hunting by looks?

Also, their monetary rewards are pretty average at the lower levels compared to other hunting areas in Genesis... so not attractive to smaller players where $$s are probably as important as the xp.
Quite accurate from the player's perspective of mine. The viable hunting grounds for draconians are Kurinost and Pax. Kurinost has only 6 rooms full with 4 similar level dracs each - that's hardly worth the travel time for most people looking for exp (ship to Flots/Balifor + another to Kurinost). Pax is bigger, but easily accessible only to DA officers (or was there a necro portal there too?). There were times when the "key" to Pax has been stashed by some people away from others, so they couldn't enter it ...

If you were (for example) to increase the size of Kurinost or open the gates to Pax more freely (and possibly place more dracs there too, as it's easy to swipe the place clean) - maybe that'd be a good idea for expert-champion levels.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 23 Oct 2015 12:13

Laurel wrote:
Arman wrote:Had a look through the draconians and did some comparisons with other hunting areas with a handy gnomish tool of Cotillion's. From an xp point of view -and taking into account their abilities- they are actually pretty reasonable. I think that the issue is more that the areas have a dispersement of draconians that range in mortal level from apprentice levels to legend level. There isn't a concentration of a particular size range to make it worth hunting by looks?

Quite accurate from the player's perspective of mine. The viable hunting grounds for draconians are Kurinost and Pax. Kurinost has only 6 rooms full with 4 similar level dracs each - that's hardly worth the travel time for most people looking for exp (ship to Flots/Balifor + another to Kurinost). Pax is bigger, but easily accessible only to DA officers (or was there a necro portal there too?). There were times when the "key" to Pax has been stashed by some people away from others, so they couldn't enter it ...

If you were (for example) to increase the size of Kurinost or open the gates to Pax more freely (and possibly place more dracs there too, as it's easy to swipe the place clean) - maybe that'd be a good idea for expert-champion levels.
Aye, I agree. Make Pax more accessible and add more, and bigger draconians.

Maybe add a Draconian camp inside, or outside Pax as well.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 23 Oct 2015 15:06

Pax is fairly accessible? It is very very rare that after the first few hours of Arma it isn't open. I don't think anyones killing the undead and locking the gate back up.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 23 Oct 2015 17:02

Zestana wrote:Pax is fairly accessible? It is very very rare that after the first few hours of Arma it isn't open. I don't think anyones killing the undead and locking the gate back up.
You don't think?

Ok.
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 23 Oct 2015 17:31

Yes. Pax is accessible. It is similar to the rebels base under Sybarus Bazaar.
But Pax can be opened only once and stay that way but to enter rebels you have to open it every time.
I think it is just people are too lazy to get access to such places.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 23 Oct 2015 18:22

Zestana wrote:Pax is fairly accessible? It is very very rare that after the first few hours of Arma it isn't open. I don't think anyones killing the undead and locking the gate back up.
You don't think?

Ok.
Fine... I Know smartass. Seeing as how I visit Pax at least 5x or more daily and I've never once had to actually open the back door myself in the last two months but rather have been able to run straight through to Verminaard. As Syrk said, quit being lazy.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 23 Oct 2015 19:07

Zestana wrote:
You don't think?

Ok.
As Syrk said, quit being lazy.
Oh, watch the aggressiveness there. I have to use the long route everytime I enter Pax. The gate has never been opened for me, and everytime I open it, the wandering patrol closes it when they pass by.

So, no. I am not lazy. But thanks for making the assumption.
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/