New to Genesis

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Mystina

New to Genesis

Post by Mystina » 26 Dec 2015 16:38

Hello I'm new to genesis, so far I'm enjoying my time here.

I have a bunch of questions

Is rp enforced?? Or relaxed??

Is there an ooc channel? Or an ic channel

If any are their any rules about role playing I should know about?

I plan on role playing as an elfin child, is this ok?

I'm still in the tutorial any tips I should know while I'm still here? Or when a good time to enter the main game is??

How does a person join a guild?? And what sort of guilds does this game have?

What sort of side stuff is there to do, like fishing??

Is this game community driven or most stuff like shop keepers are npc?

Sorry if that's a lot of questions, I just want to learn more before I invest heavily into the game.

gold bezie
Expert

Re: New to Genesis

Post by gold bezie » 26 Dec 2015 17:38

Hi and welcome to the realms,

Ill try to answer a few of your questions and you can always ask around in the newby chatline by using <ntell ....>
This is not a chatline its just for asking questions, but people are really helpfull you will see.

My advice would be to do the quests in the tuturial and max all your skills there, since is cheaper to work on your skills there and the quest xp you will never get back if you step into our real world before doing them.
The thing about this game is that if you do quests you get quest xp and the more quest xp you have the faster you will grow. So quests are very important.

After you enter our world find yourself a nice elder friend and join his or her team in a fight. You will get faster xp than if you would fight alone for xp.

There are a lot of people who take the roleplaying thing really serious, and make it in to a true art in my opinion. Not all are so good in it, but i have never noticed that people where offended when one gets out his character.

I believe there are a bunch of players who talk ooc in different chatlines but i dont know those or how active they are. The newbyline is not for it, wizards hate it when its not used for its purpose, since it might ruin roleplay.

about the guilds: https://www.genesismud.org/guilds.html
if you enter the realms you will find starter guilds in gelan. Once you are more experienced and once you know how your character has developed you can try to enter the guild you prefer. One guild will be harder to enter than others.

http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/w/page ... 20quite%29
this link will help you with quests and maps of genesis.

Good luck and great there are also childeren elves in the realm. Ive never met one before.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Mystina

Post by Mystina » 26 Dec 2015 17:49

Ok, thanks

Silly question, where can I find good pictures for the forum avatar?? Want to try and find a silver hair blue eyed elf girl for my avatar but can't find one that fits the 19 kib

I feel naked with out one.
:shock:

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 26 Dec 2015 18:07

Mystina wrote:Ok, thanks

Silly question, where can I find good pictures for the forum avatar?? Want to try and find a silver hair blue eyed elf girl for my avatar but can't find one that fits the 19 kib

I feel naked with out one.
:shock:

Ehh google fantasy elf child or something. Check if the picture has not been used by any one else in this forum. I used paint to make the pixels right :) but im not an expert in these things must say.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Emraht

Post by Emraht » 26 Dec 2015 18:11

Do either of these help?

Elf Child 1
Elf Child 2

It would be easier if I knew what kind of deceiver elf child you were.

Mystina

Post by Mystina » 26 Dec 2015 19:09

Emraht wrote:Do either of these help?

Elf Child 1
Elf Child 2

Checks picks
Ok is pic 1 a dude or a chick

Pick 2 umm defy not

Cute elf female think anime minus huge knockers

Ps lol DAT funny
Attachments
avatar.jpg (22.06 KiB) Viewed 3526 times

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 26 Dec 2015 19:20

Mystina wrote:
Emraht wrote:Do either of these help?

Elf Child 1
Elf Child 2

Checks picks
Ok is pic 1 a dude or a chick

Pick 2 umm defy not

Cute elf female think anime minus huge knockers

Ps lol DAT funny
You really shouldnt tell Emraht things like that, he eats elf children by the dozen

Mystina

Post by Mystina » 26 Dec 2015 19:53

I figured I got my avatar. ^_^

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 26 Dec 2015 21:13

Some of these may already be answered for you... but will put my two cc anyways. Take or leave whatever is relevant to you.

Is rp enforced?? Or relaxed??
Kit: RP is encouraged but not enforced. You'll find some are more into than others. But its rare that you'll find someone who is blatantly ooc.

Is there an ooc channel? Or an ic channel
Kit: We are an immersion centered Mud. Hence the lack of tell lines outside of the newbie line which is for helping newbies only. If you want to chat .. people use outside avenues such as skype.

If any are their any rules about role playing I should know about?
Kit: Not sure what kind of rules you are looking for here. You can create any character you want .. with whatever backstory you want. As long as you aren't harassing someone. I'm sure there might be some exception I'm not thinking of .. but use common sense and i'm sure it will be fine.

I plan on role playing as an elfin child, is this ok?
Kit: Don't see any issue with this.

I'm still in the tutorial any tips I should know while I'm still here? Or when a good time to enter the main game is??
Kit: There are probably other posts that address tips for the tutorial area. And there are plenty of people to help with questions in game. Good time to enter main game is when you've finished all the quests in Tutorial area.

How does a person join a guild?? And what sort of guilds does this game have?
Kit: Lots of different types of guilds and clubs that one can join in different combinations. See previous posters link.

What sort of side stuff is there to do, like fishing??
Kit: That would be an interesting craft to add. Not something we have yet. We have smithing. herbing. potion making (though limited at the moment). we have imbuements which you'll learn more about when you first get to the main part of the game as there is a whole quest series that explains that.

Is this game community driven or most stuff like shop keepers are npc?
Kit: Shop Keepers are all NPCS. We do have an active auction house that is community driven. But items are set by wizards. Not players. So you don't have endless possibilities or excessive personalization.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Mystina

Post by Mystina » 27 Dec 2015 02:53

Thanks for the replies, I played a bunch of muds with strict rules, and sometimes if not most of the time it can be intimidating. I noticed the website didn't really have rules listed or any command list so I feel weird going in so blind.

I'm enjoying myself I like the old school RPG approach, most games now a days go for the cash cow and make games so fast, linear, and gold star givey its a wonder I still game.

I started gaming in 1989 at 3 years old playing Zelda, it had a basic approach you was an elf guy in the big world and just got told to explore it while on a hunt for triforce pieces.

That's what I like about this game. I get plopped into the world and simply told to explore, and that the mayor needs help.

I'm having fun just killing demon bunnies, and getting trained.

Again thanks for the help.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/