Mystery and secrets

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Syrk
Rising Hero

Mystery and secrets

Post by Syrk » 24 Jan 2016 13:01

So today i met a gnome who wanted to know about magic arts but was dissatisfied with Academy in Gelan,
because he did not know what spells he would get when he would choose certain Element.
Also he would not be told where to go and what to do.

The conclusion is that to faciliate new players all spells and skill trees should be posted somewhere so they would know
what should they do to, for example, gain a spell for greater strenght.
Mystery and secrets are no good.

Irk
Rising Hero

Re: Mystery and secrets

Post by Irk » 24 Jan 2016 13:03

i am not sure if you notice that already, but this game is build on mystery and secrets. Wizies think if more mysteries than game is funier for players....

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 24 Jan 2016 13:25

:Syrk gasps in shock:

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 24 Jan 2016 23:08

Irk wrote:i am not sure if you notice that already, but this game is build on mystery and secrets. Wizies think if more mysteries than game is funier for players....
I LOLed.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 25 Jan 2016 10:10

A lot of Genesis mysteries remain a mystery for many wizards too.:) Guess it might have something to do with the game being 27 years old and made by thousands of different people during that time?:)

Even Mercade once said to me "I dont know everything". *gasp*

Etanukar
Adept

Post by Etanukar » 27 Jan 2016 00:06

Cherek wrote:A lot of Genesis mysteries remain a mystery for many wizards too.:) Guess it might have something to do with the game being 27 years old and made by thousands of different people during that time?:)

LIES!

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 27 Jan 2016 13:22

Etanukar wrote:
Cherek wrote:A lot of Genesis mysteries remain a mystery for many wizards too.:) Guess it might have something to do with the game being 27 years old and made by thousands of different people during that time?:)

LIES!
I would not go that far, but what Mercade does not know, is not worth knowing.

Mystina

Post by Mystina » 28 Jan 2016 12:48

I like the fact this game makes you have to communicate or trial and error games now a days are very hand hold to fault. I miss the old school nes games.

I think it's more fun to figure stuff out, as you can learn, then master something and feel very good about it.

Ive taken a break due to being deep in ff14 trying to catch up with my b/f. But I'll be back soon. Miss playing this.

Mayobe
Adept

Post by Mayobe » 06 Feb 2016 20:47

I didn't ask for a skill tree, or even a spell name. I didn't ask you to try to recruit me either. I just asked for a general idea of WHAT THE F*** MAGIC EVEN IS IN THIS GAME, because I'm not going to waste months of my time becoming a grand dragon arch hooty-toot master magus just so I can gain the totally awesome power of buttering a slice of bread from across the room, provided that the moon is full in the Shire, I haven't thought about fish for at least a week, and I have 50pc to spend on the "mysterious butter knife extender of ancient mystery", which turns out to be a long stick and a string manufactured by a kender who hasn't been seen since.

People in Genesis give out way too much information about quests and etc, but there's no way in hell I'm going to pay a guild tax and get locked out of other guilds based on the sole qualification of "something mysterious may or may not happen". That's not just stupid for me as a player, it's even well beneath the (low) intelligence of my character.

Academy offered to jerk me around even after joining and cadets offered donk. Cadets won.

...And I've already learned quite a lot more about magic just from poking my nose where it doesn't belong.

Thanks for the plat though. I put it on the pile as soon as you left the room. :roll:

Pinkerton
Novice

Post by Pinkerton » 09 Feb 2016 06:31

Mayobe wrote:I didn't ask for a skill tree, or even a spell name. I didn't ask you to try to recruit me either. I just asked for a general idea of WHAT THE F*** MAGIC EVEN IS IN THIS GAME, because I'm not going to waste months of my time becoming a grand dragon arch hooty-toot master magus just so I can gain the totally awesome power of buttering a slice of bread from across the room, provided that the moon is full in the Shire, I haven't thought about fish for at least a week, and I have 50pc to spend on the "mysterious butter knife extender of ancient mystery", which turns out to be a long stick and a string manufactured by a kender who hasn't been seen since.

People in Genesis give out way too much information about quests and etc, but there's no way in hell I'm going to pay a guild tax and get locked out of other guilds based on the sole qualification of "something mysterious may or may not happen". That's not just stupid for me as a player, it's even well beneath the (low) intelligence of my character.

Academy offered to jerk me around even after joining and cadets offered donk. Cadets won.

...And I've already learned quite a lot more about magic just from poking my nose where it doesn't belong.

Thanks for the plat though. I put it on the pile as soon as you left the room. :roll:
If you're not happy with your butterknife extender you can bring the old model to Kendermore and I'll be happy to replace it free of charge, just pay shipping and handling. Also you never got your complimentary backscratching attachment. I'll give you that when you come. Just pay separate shipping and handling fees.
Oops.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/