newbie intro and questiions

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ody
Hero

Re: newbie intro and questiions

Post by Ody » 12 Feb 2016 05:18

Aerylina-leafschade wrote: The behavior I was referring to was demand reply as in the person not getting the reply asap and going straight to saying

WHERE IS THE BARON!!

To me that seems to be rude. And curious what the opinion is about that, and if that is looked down on or shrugged off.
The newbie line is a volunteer line. If no one wants to help you they won't. And asking again in all caps usually won't get you an answer.

Aerylina-leafschade

Post by Aerylina-leafschade » 12 Feb 2016 05:38

Oh ya ody I think you was on when that happen.

I wanted to say something about it but wasn't able to, and didn't want to step out of line as I'm still learning, and didn't want to force my views on others, which is why I'm asking if it is looked down on or not and if possible maybe I can help put to nicely ask not to act like that. In mmo I used to play I ran guilds and talk to game mods often. I know from first hand experience that it sucks to pretty much baby sit adults to make sure they play nice.

A funny thing happen also, I was so deep in character I got the sensation of someone screaming in my ears and nearly drop my tablet.

Off topic complaint, I'm not fond of people out right demanding answers to quests like that person did. From what I'm getting from the tutorial if nit the full game. There is an emphasis on exploration to find solutions. Which I feel should be encouraged. And if players demand solutions, this isn't the game for them.

Sorry for off topic remark, just the change in the over all gaming community just makes me hurt, I come from playing games like legend of Zelda where you are plopped into a game world where you explore, get stronger, to best the bad guy and save the princess.

Now a days, games hold your hand too much with all the icons and path'ing marks, people just want to get stuff done cuz of the "ant got no time for dat" mentality.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 12 Feb 2016 05:54

Well..you're very unlikely to get an answer if you demand one. "WHERE IS THE VAMPIRE" is way less likely to get you an answer then. "Can someone point me in the direction of the vampire?" There's a big difference and I'm sure you can guess which is going to get help. But still the line is full of volunteers and someone might still answer to the first, it all depends.

Aerylina-leafschade

Post by Aerylina-leafschade » 12 Feb 2016 07:05

Ody wrote:Well..you're very unlikely to get an answer if you demand one. "WHERE IS THE VAMPIRE" is way less likely to get you an answer then. "Can someone point me in the direction of the vampire?" There's a big difference and I'm sure you can guess which is going to get help. But still the line is full of volunteers and someone might still answer to the first, it all depends.
Just to ask, you do know I'm talking about someone else doing it yes?

I know better to not do that, I'm just asking that the opinion is ingeneral, and if I see it what can/should I do.

Just asking to clarify.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 12 Feb 2016 07:54

Aerylina-leafschade wrote:
Ody wrote:Well..you're very unlikely to get an answer if you demand one. "WHERE IS THE VAMPIRE" is way less likely to get you an answer then. "Can someone point me in the direction of the vampire?" There's a big difference and I'm sure you can guess which is going to get help. But still the line is full of volunteers and someone might still answer to the first, it all depends.

I know better to not do that, I'm just asking that the opinion is ingeneral, and if I see it what can/should I do.

Just asking to clarify.
Yes, I know. But you are new, so it's advice you may want to heed.

Aerylina-leafschade

Post by Aerylina-leafschade » 12 Feb 2016 11:57

Ody wrote:
Aerylina-leafschade wrote:

Just asking to clarify.
Yes, I know. But you are new, so it's advice you may want to heed.

Thank. Its advice already taken. I wouldn't do it in an Mmo, of course I'm not gonna do it here.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 12 Feb 2016 13:07

As Ody said.. Ntell line is on a volunteer basis.
If someone is being rude and demanding -- he's right.. likely they wont' get help.
But.. at the same token -- I've at times as a helper tried to let people know when they behave in that manner that they are unlikely to get help in the future -- as its a help line. Not a demand line.
And unfortunately .. if it becomes a trend .. this is a high likelihood that helpers will shut off their pins or break them because no one wants to be yelled at for helping people.

If someone does it again -- you are welcome to encourage them to ask nicely if you would like to do so.
But you shouldn't feel like you need to babysit them or nag them..

Admin does police the line to some extent. So if the behavior becomes abusive towards other players -- I imagine that person will likely be banned from the ntell line.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 12 Feb 2016 13:09

[quote="Aerylina-leafschade"]Ok this was how I set it up

/w

Commands

1 whisper

/rs

Commands

1 rsay

I'd type /rs hello i'd get

rsay
Say what in rsay?

Rsay is talking in race's tongue
asay is when you speak in a given adverb like
Asay meek hello

You get meekly says hello

--

Sorry -- this is not making a lot of sense to me. Are you sure you set up the aliases properly?
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 12 Feb 2016 13:46

Yes, having the ntell pin on may give you spoilers on some quests. We do not allow complete solutions though, like "w,w,w,w,e,e,e,climb rope,search here for treasure", but it's perfectly fine to provide hints. If you do not want to risk spoilers, it's probably best to remove it. Of course that also makes the game a lot harder, but that's up to you.

Also, as can be read on the common board, we have just updated the ntell rules a bit on that subject, and some other things too. So check <nrules> again for brand new rules!:)

Aerylina-leafschade

Post by Aerylina-leafschade » 12 Feb 2016 19:54

Ya the person in question wanted the exact solution and I was in the library tutorial review frantically trying to remove the pin (couldn't due to the nature of it) I pretty much take it off on log in via my "wake up" alias/ emote.

And Kat sorry to if what I wrote was confusing, I was listing how I set up the aliens line by line and asking if I was setting them up right.

Pretty much the pattern is /w
the commands/ JavaScript part the commands option is highlighted
In the command field I have whisper

Does that help??

It is the same for /rs. What did seem to work is doing complete text sentences with rsay.

Like I set up a "thanks" alias where in elvish I give thanks to animals/enemies I slain for loot/exp. As part of how my character is.

It worked which was nice.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/