Can't connect to the game

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Celemir
Wanderer

Can't connect to the game

Post by Celemir » 29 May 2016 11:02

There seems to be some firewall problems somewhere. I am using the web browser and i am getting this error:
A connection error has occurred.
This is most likely due to a firewall or proxy setting which is restricting websocket connections.
Disconnected

Kitriana
Champion

Re: Can't connect to the game

Post by Kitriana » 29 May 2016 11:10

same issue
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Sarian
Novice

Post by Sarian » 29 May 2016 11:11

Exactly the same happening here. ):

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 29 May 2016 13:47

is only web client, someone have to fix. maybe time you try cmud, zmud or other local client for bakc up
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 29 May 2016 15:37

Yeah something's wrong with the web client, the game is running fine though. Like Sykil said, try using another client to connect for now is possible. http://www.mudlet.org is another option, and it's free, download the client and connect to: mud.genesismud.org, port: 3011 to play Genesis until the web client problem is fixed.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 29 May 2016 16:34

Fixed now

Etanukar
Adept

Post by Etanukar » 31 May 2016 18:40

I am flabbergasted that Cherek said to use another client!!! What kind of business person are you? No talk of thank you for your patience, we are working diligently to ensure that you get your gaming fix? No, instead - Use someone else. My crack shipment didn't come this week, use my competitor on the other block! For shame for shame!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 31 May 2016 19:01

Etanukar wrote:I am flabbergasted that Cherek said to use another client!!! What kind of business person are you? No talk of thank you for your patience, we are working diligently to ensure that you get your gaming fix? No, instead - Use someone else. My crack shipment didn't come this week, use my competitor on the other block! For shame for shame!
No, No, no, you got it all wrong. It's more like suggesting you use a temporary pipe(?) from another brand, but still smoke our crack. Completely denying an addict access to something as addictive as our crack, while we work on fixing our broken pipe, might be quite dangerous. I was merely thinking of the well-being of our addicts. I mean users. Uhm, players.

Hexen
Beginner

Post by Hexen » 27 Dec 2016 05:42

Not fixed, still getting this on my screen. I've had to play with another client, checked firewall and allowed 3011 but still nothing happens.
,___,
[O,o]
/)''''/)
-"--"--
~Night Owl~
Slow death, immense decay... Showers that cleanse you of your life. Angel of Death! Monarch to the kingdom of the dead..Sadistic, surgeon of demise. Sadist of the noblest blood!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/