I need help with the tutorial and aliases please!

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
kitkat2290
Greenhorne

I need help with the tutorial and aliases please!

Post by kitkat2290 » 28 Oct 2016 01:36

In the tutorial, I have completed the destruction/resurrection of mama bunny. I have moved on to the clove of garlic quest. I bought a backpack, as I assume the farmer was hinting that it will be needed to get the herb across the water. I have fought wolves and found many cloves, but the game won't allow me to pick one up. I have tried many commands: get, take, gather, pick up etc. and many variations of clove, aromatic clove, small aromatic clove etc. I am not sure if I have missed a step that will allow me to pick it up?

I am also having some trouble with setting aliases. I set them, and they appear saved. I have closed out and entered back into the game, in case that is necessary. When I try to use an alias, nothing happens. Additionally when I type in the full command, the alias shows up in my text box instead of what was typed, but it has no effect in the game. I have had to just delete them. If anyone knows a fix for this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Someone mentioned that it might make a difference, what platform I am using to play the game. I got the game from the android play store. Could this be the issue? Should I try playing it on the web until I get past the clove part maybe?

Thanks!

Ody
Hero

Re: I need help with the tutorial and aliases please!

Post by Ody » 28 Oct 2016 01:49

When you herb and find an herb it is automatically placed in your inventory. If you were finding a lot an unable to pick them up you probably have quite a few in your inventory.

kitkat2290
Greenhorne

Post by kitkat2290 » 28 Oct 2016 01:51

Oh, well that could explain a lot, lol. Thank You! I will check that out.

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 28 Oct 2016 02:14

read of this
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

kitkat2290
Greenhorne

Post by kitkat2290 » 28 Oct 2016 02:44

Thank you, will do.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 28 Oct 2016 04:48

Sykil wrote:read of this
That is a really useful link! Even learnt a couple of things about some of the shops in Palanthas (yeah.. my very own domain!).

What it probably misses in the 'what next?' part is how good the Sparkle area is for quests and hunting to begin with. You'd definitely want to go from the tutorial to the quests from the Enchanter imho.

Also good hunting grounds for new players to gather combat experience and loot is something worth mentioning:
* Orc temple west of Sparkle
* Small orcs who drop gold just southwest of Bree (newbie boat from Sparkle directly to the hunting spot)
* The dwarves just west of the Palanthas docks
* Kobolds near Last (Terel)

Finally, I'd probably add joining a guild to the mix, with the Cadets and Academics in Gelan (Calia domain) being the best newbie guilds to begin your experience in being in a guild, while also assisting you quest/hunt.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/