Is there a forum specifically for newbs?

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
kitkat2290
Greenhorne

Is there a forum specifically for newbs?

Post by kitkat2290 » 28 Oct 2016 02:46

I am trying to my great chagrin and mild embarrassment to figure out how to tell what I have in my backpack. I have tried many commands and searched the web in hopes of finding the answer myself. A little help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a way to ask for help in game? I know there is a mail system. Is there a place where newbies can send questions or requests for assistance?

Ody
Hero

Re: Is there a forum specifically for newbs?

Post by Ody » 28 Oct 2016 04:28

kitkat2290 wrote:I am trying to my great chagrin and mild embarrassment to figure out how to tell what I have in my backpack. I have tried many commands and searched the web in hopes of finding the answer myself. A little help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a way to ask for help in game? I know there is a mail system. Is there a place where newbies can send questions or requests for assistance?
There's the newbie pin. <exa pin> it's a help line for newbies where you can ask questions. Also for the backpack. To see what's inside it just open it and <exa pack>

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 28 Oct 2016 04:52

All items you can 'examine' (or exa for short), or 'look at'. Containers like backpacks you can also 'look in'. However if they are closed, you won't see anything inside them... so make sure it is opened before examining :).

kitkat2290
Greenhorne

Post by kitkat2290 » 28 Oct 2016 12:25

It seems so simple I should have guessed, lol. Thanks a bunch!

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 28 Oct 2016 18:31

Did you <read sign> all through the Tutorial island?
That logs them in your Journal and you can reference back to it whenever you need to.

I set up a trigger for "unread sign" to execute <read sign> so that I didn't miss any.
Also, there's a little tutorial maze in the building to the far West of town. It helps too.
And there's a portal at the hill you start the game at that'll give you a nice reward at the end.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 28 Oct 2016 18:33

And the website also has some basic information about commands and client usage, if you haven't checked that section out: https://genesismud.org/guide.html

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/