Where to find herbs?

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kwevin
Veteran

Where to find herbs?

Post by Kwevin » 17 Mar 2017 19:36

Now, I'm not an herbalist, so I don't think I can really search for herbs. Therefore, where can I buy some angeltear or some other mana restoring herb?
Alea iacta est. Serius regredi est.

Karpath
Adventurer

Re: Where to find herbs?

Post by Karpath » 17 Mar 2017 22:31

Kwevin wrote:Now, I'm not an herbalist, so I don't think I can really search for herbs. Therefore, where can I buy some angeltear or some other mana restoring herb?
Any player can find herbs. If you are looking for specific herbs try the various herbshoppes accesible to all.
There are some in Greenoaks and the fishing village near Gelan just to mention a few.
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

Orien
Apprentice

Post by Orien » 18 Mar 2017 08:22

You can also join the Gardener of Gont craft guild. They provide you the neccessary things to become a herbalist.

Orien are cute (Cool too) kender, if ya disagree with Orien, Orien agree with ya, Orien loves all ^bounce^

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 02 May 2017 20:51

In gen people feel really connected to their guildz.
Over the years lots and lots of players have spent HOURS DAYS WEEKS and probably longer exhaustively searching practically everywhere for what herbs can be found, their frequency, regrowth time, value, effects etc etc
What do they do with this treasure trove of info? Well often they make it into a nice scroll and put it in a library in their guild.

I would love it if some of those people would share there work with a wider audience.

It is sort of against our warring factions nature but I think of it more as general knowledge that makes big aspects of the game more accessible to all.

For example think about the cross-bearer maps, whoever that was (was it Wyork?) was epic at exploring and making maps.
And I know I for one have consulted them countless times since when making my own.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 03 May 2017 01:01

Tarax the Terrible wrote:In gen people feel really connected to their guildz.
Over the years lots and lots of players have spent HOURS DAYS WEEKS and probably longer exhaustively searching practically everywhere for what herbs can be found, their frequency, regrowth time, value, effects etc etc
What do they do with this treasure trove of info? Well often they make it into a nice scroll and put it in a library in their guild.

I would love it if some of those people would share there work with a wider audience.

It is sort of against our warring factions nature but I think of it more as general knowledge that makes big aspects of the game more accessible to all.

For example think about the cross-bearer maps, whoever that was (was it Wyork?) was epic at exploring and making maps.
And I know I for one have consulted them countless times since when making my own.
There are a couple sites out there that have compiled libraries, updated herb info and other randoms bits.

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~tomca/genesis/My%20files/

Is one that I know of, I cant remember the players name who created it though.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/