What are these skills??

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kwevin
Veteran

What are these skills??

Post by Kwevin » 09 May 2017 22:15

Hello. I was recently asked what some of these skills do, that are learnable at AGs. Uh... What do they do? Some like:

Appraise object, location sense, hunting, find/remove traps, and many others that seem to be pointless. What is the purpose of them?
Alea iacta est. Serius regredi est.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Re: What are these skills??

Post by Melarec » 09 May 2017 22:22

Some of them are for quests.
Appraise object however, is very useful. The higher this skill, the better you can determine details about an item.
For instance, should I <appraise cloak> with a low Appraise Object skill, I might determine that said cloak weighs 50 kilos. Whereas, with a high Appraise Object skill, I would find that it weighs only 2 kilos.
I think it helps with comparing objects as well, but I could be wrong about that..

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 10 May 2017 03:57

Some areas require decent location sense skill to enter or find.
Find and remove traps are useful in a few places where you need to get past a trap, usually involving a quest of some kind. Not overly useful otherwise.
Hunting is probably very rarely used, and when used it probably involves a quest as well. And it's not useful for hunting other people, it's a skill you might use in the woods if you need to catch an animal. To hunt people, tracking is more useful.

What other skills appear useless?

Kwevin
Veteran

Post by Kwevin » 10 May 2017 15:43

Cherek wrote: What other skills appear useless?
There are quite a few from AGs that seem pointless.
Although, after looking at my list of skills, after playing a while, those are the only ones that don't do much. Other than, of course, skills outside of your fighting class. After having a mage char, those all make sense.
Alea iacta est. Serius regredi est.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 10 May 2017 23:28

Max every adventurer guild skill, they r cheap and useful for quests.
I also agree it would be fun to have low lvl stuff to be able to do with them.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/