Cadet Guild Info

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kitriana
Champion

Cadet Guild Info

Post by Kitriana » 05 Jun 2017 17:30

Lots of questions come up about the cadets.... so here is an easy post to point people to when they ask. Feel free to post any other common questions with answers you think should be added. (Or corrections if I've made some kind of error).

Why join the Cadets?
This is a great beginner guild that help introduce you to Genesis and its melee. It only taxes you as a laymen guild would, but you get a special that is only normally available in an occupational guild. Donk is Da'Bomb. To join you use <csign> command at Xorfin.

What are the benefits?
The guild tax on your xp is very low.
It is free to leave.
You will have the ability to train all weapon skills.
The Donk special attack is very good.
Anyone can donate to the guild racks.

How do you specialize and why?
Yo will be able to train the weapon skill of your choice as primary to a higher level than other weapon skills. IE: Axe Cadet, Sword Cadet, etc.
At Xorfin, in order to set your primary weapon use the <choose> command.

How do the cadet racks work?
In order to take from the racks, you need to donate to them.
Each item donated will help you accrue a certain amount of points based on the item's value.
All this can be read about at the Cadet's Rack Sign in the guildhouse.
Rack points will prevent too much rack looting happening in the guild.
A graduate can continue to donate at the racks.
Anyone else, can donate items with Xorfin with the <donate> command.

How do you graduate?
When you get to Learned Cadet title, you have enough rack points and guild xp, you will be able to graduate with the <graduate> command.
Or You can just choose to leave the guild without graduating with the <cleave> command. But you won't get a graduation ring.

Are there limits as to how big or how old you can be in the guild?
You can be as old as you want to stay in the cadets. But if you move past the mortal size of Veteran, you will be forced to leave/graduate from the Cadets.

What to do after you leave or graduate?
You should be exploring the realms and meeting new people while you are a cadet. Start to think about what occupational guild you'd like to join in your future, as the Cadets are only meant as a “stepping stone”. If you have not already figured out which Occupational Guild to join before leaving or graduating, you might want to join a guild like the Mercenaries, which is free to join, in order so your skills won't decay when you do graduate or leave.

What happens to your skills when you leave or graduate?
The skills you learned in the cadets will decay over time when you leave or graduate, unless you join another guild with the same skills taught.

What happens if you later attack Gelan as a graduate?
You lose your graduation ring.
Last edited by Kitriana on 05 Jun 2017 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Cadet Guild Info

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 05 Jun 2017 18:46

Nice guide.

This bit maybe a little miss leading.
What happens to your skills when you leave or graduate?
The skills you learned in the cadets will decay over time when you leave or graduate.
( unless you join another guild that has the same skills, ie a sword cadet joining a guild with sword skills. )

Have a little tidbit to add.

What happens if you later attack Gelan as a graduate.

The wimps steal your graduation ring.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Okotok
Wanderer

Post by Okotok » 30 Sep 2018 00:14

Can you also list the emotes available and what they do? I am currently a cadet and can't execute them.

Slyde01
Beginner

Post by Slyde01 » 19 Nov 2018 20:48

here's a noob question.

I am in the cadet guild, but i had no clue about Donk. Do i have that skill automatically? how do i use it in a battle and how does it work exactly?

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 19 Nov 2018 22:20

Slyde01 wrote:here's a noob question.

I am in the cadet guild, but i had no clue about Donk. Do i have that skill automatically? how do i use it in a battle and how does it work exactly?
Yes Cadets are one of only two guilds that doesn't require training for their special attack.

To use donk just type 'donk' (I believe that was the command - you can check it in guildhelp) during combat.
It's good to alias your special attacks ('alias q donk' for example - from now on u can donk with typing just 'q').
Special attacks have cooldowns - you will be informed when you are able to do the next one ('You are ready to donk again' - or something among these lines) - so it's good to set up some triggers:
- to donk when you start combat ('attacks', 'assists' etc pattern)
- to donk when it's up again ('you are ready to donk again' pattern)

enjoy

Slyde01
Beginner

Post by Slyde01 » 19 Nov 2018 23:16

Kvator wrote:

Yes Cadets are one of only two guilds that doesn't require training for their special attack.

To use donk just type 'donk' (I believe that was the command - you can check it in guildhelp) during combat.
It's good to alias your special attacks ('alias q donk' for example - from now on u can donk with typing just 'q').
Special attacks have cooldowns - you will be informed when you are able to do the next one ('You are ready to donk again' - or something among these lines) - so it's good to set up some triggers:

enjoy
thank you for this... i'll try it tonight.

So, if im killing orcs, or instance, i donk WHILE fighting?

for ex: I normally KILL ORC and combat starts.

during the combat, i'll donk?

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 19 Nov 2018 23:56

Slyde01 wrote:
Kvator wrote:

enjoy
thank you for this... i'll try it tonight.

So, if im killing orcs, or instance, i donk WHILE fighting?

for ex: I normally KILL ORC and combat starts.

during the combat, i'll donk?
Yes. If you 'donk orc' outside of fight then the fight will start anyways.

Hathol
Novice

Post by Hathol » 20 Nov 2018 11:45

If you use the command "cdonk" you will use the attack for the rest of the fight with no need of triggers. When you change guild you will probably want to set up a trigger for the special attack.

Slyde01
Beginner

Post by Slyde01 » 20 Nov 2018 16:59

wow, that will be very useful. I had no idea.

thank you.

p.s. i 'donk'ed for the first time last night. Made a big difference... i was cutting up orcs like butter :)

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 20 Nov 2018 17:30

That is the idea with specials. They hurt a lot.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/