SS entrance quest

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Davvol
Veteran

SS entrance quest

Post by Davvol » 14 Jun 2017 18:07

Anyone can help me with it? I found the portal, the broken locket, the disk and potions. And flying with gnomish glider was exciting. But questmaster is not accepting the locket. What i'm doing wrong?

Mirandus
Site Admin

Re: SS entrance quest

Post by Mirandus » 14 Jun 2017 18:37

Requesting quest solutions on the forum is not appropriate. If you feel it might be a bug, contact the AoP.

This is by far one of the most fun and best coded quests I've ever seen in Genesis. Work through it, you can do it more than once.

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 14 Jun 2017 18:43

since when is wrong?

quest is not forbodden info now as say in rules

ask for a pm davvol is fine
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 14 Jun 2017 18:44

I'm not asking for solution, i'm asking for hint. Something like - try to find second part of locket, or repair it.... Eventually i got the locket, but something wrong with it, that's my feeling now, but what? Should i look for something else, or just polish/repair what i get?

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 14 Jun 2017 19:33

I suggest you talk to the quest giver again. He tells you what to bring back.

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 14 Jun 2017 20:53

Sorry Davvol,

Hints are totally fine. Asking for solutions to quests is not.

Still, it might actually be a bug. So, you should mail AoP if you think that might be the case.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 14 Jun 2017 20:58

Mirandus wrote:Requesting quest solutions on the forum is not appropriate. If you feel it might be a bug, contact the AoP.

This is by far one of the most fun and best coded quests I've ever seen in Genesis. Work through it, you can do it more than once.

Ur retro wizard position of haranguing players looking for help on quests is out of date :P
Requesting quest help on the forum is entirely appropriate.

PS If it is the best coded how did a seasoned player get stuck?

PPS Did u just say some secret society in genesis has coded another repeatable quest!
The illuminati have returned!! Burn the wizard cheaters!!!

Joking aside it does sound cool, flying gliders, wow
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 14 Jun 2017 22:53

Part of this is my personal connection to this quest.

I honestly think it's the most entertaining quest in the realms and is incredibly well coded. Why I said, it could possibly be a bug.

I'm fine with people asking for hints. I think quest solutions should be kept off the forum. If you want to find them elsewhere, that's fine. But this is an entrance quest for a guild that helps teach you what it means to be a Kender.

It's close to my heart this quest.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 15 Jun 2017 07:57

It is generally well coded, and i managed to do almost everything myself without any single hint from outside. Just questmaster is little confusing and seems like there is some hint missing. Eventually, questmaster asks you to bring his friend locket. You got it, get back to questmaster, but finally seems he needs something else, and so far i'm not able to figure out myself what he needs. When i gave him the locket (it is broken and tarnished) he says something like "That's not what i want". I got hint from other player what i need to look for questmaster friend's dead body, but seems there is no hint in game about it.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 15 Jun 2017 09:05

Nevermind. I solved it. Need to talk more with dragon.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/