Global pack bug, and where to report it

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alisa
Hero

Global pack bug, and where to report it

Post by Alisa » 24 Jun 2017 08:39

Hey All.

I seem to have found a bug in opening and closing containers. The behavior is quite simple, and consistant on both my backpack(bree) and my qarrabas.

If the open command fails, your pack is already open, then the close command isnt recognized by genesis for a second.

Quite strange indeed.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Re: Global pack bug, and where to report it

Post by Melarec » 24 Jun 2017 08:43

This happens with my <sto> alias.
Which opens the pack, puts certain things into it, then closes it.
But, if the pack is already open, it won't close it at the end.

It's been that way since I can remember.
I have <op> and <cp>, as <open pack> and <close pack> respectively, for if I have to do it manually.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 24 Jun 2017 18:07

Seems to happen with the rich club purses as well.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 26 Jun 2017 20:38

Not sure its a bug?
A cool down timer to give thieves a chance maybe?
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Shesara
Beginner

Post by Shesara » 09 Jul 2017 23:30

I reported it a few months ago, so I am sure it is being looked at. It's fairly easy to reproduce this bug. Just try spamming <open pack> ten or twenty times and many of them will be fails: "What?". Same thing with <close> command.

Almost feels like there is a timer on the command, so it will only work every few seconds or so.

Just be careful when you open and close packs! :)

S.

Alisa wrote:Hey All.

I seem to have found a bug in opening and closing containers. The behavior is quite simple, and consistant on both my backpack(bree) and my qarrabas.

If the open command fails, your pack is already open, then the close command isnt recognized by genesis for a second.

Quite strange indeed.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 10 Jul 2017 09:37

Shesara wrote:I reported it a few months ago, so I am sure it is being looked at. It's fairly easy to reproduce this bug. Just try spamming <open pack> ten or twenty times and many of them will be fails: "What?". Same thing with <close> command.

Almost feels like there is a timer on the command, so it will only work every few seconds or so.

Just be careful when you open and close packs! :)

S.

Alisa wrote:Hey All.

Quite strange indeed.
You don't need to spam at all. It's simply if an open or a close command fail, both will reply "what?" for the next second.
So only open or close containers that are in the state to be opened or closed :-)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/