View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 23 Oct 2018 00:06

Forum rules

- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Incense Quest 
Beginner

Hi all!
I've done everything right with the incense quest (and gone over it with people who have done it before) and yet I still can't get the holy water to do anything with the incense... any possible idea what I could be doing wrong?
:(

22 Aug 2017 04:34
Wizard

sanceline wrote:
Hi all!
I've done everything right with the incense quest (and gone over it with people who have done it before) and yet I still can't get the holy water to do anything with the incense... any possible idea what I could be doing wrong?
:(

The incense quest was coded before herbs were made into heaps so there may be some weird bug that doesn't trigger every time. I'll take a look.

22 Aug 2017 14:49
Site Admin

I remember doing it after herbs changed, and I am pretty sure I succeeded, however I also remember I too struggled with getting the holy water working. Afraid I don't remember what I did to get it to work. My theories are:

1. It's like Ckrik says, there is something about herb heaps that causes issues.

2. If you're following a quest document, it could be wrong / not up to date, and listening more closely to the NPCs and trying to do it without trusting the docs blindly might help. Not saying you ARE trusting the docs blindly, just saying it's a common cause of quests "not working" that probably has happened to most players at some point.

22 Aug 2017 16:49
Wizard

Ok. I just checked the code and tested a couple things. Everything seems to be in order. There's no bad interaction with heaps.

Here's a big hint: double check that you have the exact ingredients necessary. Some ingredients in the incense look very similar, but only the right ones will make incense for you. :)

24 Aug 2017 04:18
Beginner

Seems to have been a user error. Thank you!! Finally got it working!

24 Aug 2017 04:23
Adept

Also it is not documented but this is another of the numerous quests that is good align only

24 Aug 2017 22:12
Site Admin

Etanukar wrote:
Also it is not documented but this is another of the numerous quests that is good align only

Ever considered becoming good-aligned then? :)

24 Aug 2017 23:08
Great Adventurer

Etanukar wrote:

I heard from a friend to a friend that there is a bug in the Morgul code. If you go good aligned very quick you can do a good aligned quest and then go back to evil.
Test and see if that might be true? :D

25 Aug 2017 00:52
Titan

Etanukar wrote:

u sure?

i know that these khalakhor quests are pretty bugged

25 Aug 2017 21:24
Veteran

Cherek wrote:
Etanukar wrote:

Ever considered becoming good-aligned then? :)

The ghost of Berwyn arrives...

Cherrrek! You promised us evil quests! Keep your vow or it's going to be but a nightmare before this Christmas! Muahahahaha!

The ghost of Berwyn leaves.

28 Aug 2017 18:32
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next