Incense Quest

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
sanceline
Beginner

Incense Quest

Post by sanceline » 22 Aug 2017 04:34

Hi all!
I've done everything right with the incense quest (and gone over it with people who have done it before) and yet I still can't get the holy water to do anything with the incense... any possible idea what I could be doing wrong?
:(

Ckrik
Wizard

Re: Incense Quest

Post by Ckrik » 22 Aug 2017 14:49

sanceline wrote:Hi all!
I've done everything right with the incense quest (and gone over it with people who have done it before) and yet I still can't get the holy water to do anything with the incense... any possible idea what I could be doing wrong?
:(
The incense quest was coded before herbs were made into heaps so there may be some weird bug that doesn't trigger every time. I'll take a look.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 22 Aug 2017 16:49

I remember doing it after herbs changed, and I am pretty sure I succeeded, however I also remember I too struggled with getting the holy water working. Afraid I don't remember what I did to get it to work. My theories are:

1. It's like Ckrik says, there is something about herb heaps that causes issues.

2. If you're following a quest document, it could be wrong / not up to date, and listening more closely to the NPCs and trying to do it without trusting the docs blindly might help. Not saying you ARE trusting the docs blindly, just saying it's a common cause of quests "not working" that probably has happened to most players at some point.

Ckrik
Wizard

Post by Ckrik » 24 Aug 2017 04:18

Ok. I just checked the code and tested a couple things. Everything seems to be in order. There's no bad interaction with heaps.

Here's a big hint: double check that you have the exact ingredients necessary. Some ingredients in the incense look very similar, but only the right ones will make incense for you. :)

sanceline
Beginner

Post by sanceline » 24 Aug 2017 04:23

Seems to have been a user error. Thank you!! Finally got it working!

Etanukar
Adept

Post by Etanukar » 24 Aug 2017 22:12

Also it is not documented but this is another of the numerous quests that is good align only

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 24 Aug 2017 23:08

Etanukar wrote:Also it is not documented but this is another of the numerous quests that is good align only
Ever considered becoming good-aligned then? :)

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 25 Aug 2017 00:52

Etanukar wrote:Also it is not documented but this is another of the numerous quests that is good align only
I heard from a friend to a friend that there is a bug in the Morgul code. If you go good aligned very quick you can do a good aligned quest and then go back to evil.
Test and see if that might be true? :D

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 25 Aug 2017 21:24

u sure?

i know that these khalakhor quests are pretty bugged

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 28 Aug 2017 18:32

Cherek wrote:
Ever considered becoming good-aligned then? :)
The ghost of Berwyn arrives...

Cherrrek! You promised us evil quests! Keep your vow or it's going to be but a nightmare before this Christmas! Muahahahaha!

The ghost of Berwyn leaves.
Evil to him who evil thinks.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/