Quests aren't THAT bad

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Greneth
Wizard

Quests aren't THAT bad

Post by Greneth » 31 Aug 2017 17:57

After a small hiccup and a nice vacation I was pulled back to the game but the biggest annoyance I knew that I had in front of me was... once again quests. The wonderful pull your hair out syntaxes, items that don't reset properly, eye rolling racial/alignment restrictions and general bugged tasks that are handed out. Since it seems to be the biggest complaint of why this can't be done or why that can't be done I decided to do the stupidest thing I could think of to prove a point... I chose a Gnome as my starting racial. I went a step further and avoided any melee guild, I joined the SoHM right after the tutorial. So to recap the WORST race of all them all and a somewhat complicated, component heavy guild.

As of this moment I am: You are 8 days 22 hours 24 minutes 28 seconds of age and have reached Expert though I am on the verge of Rising Hero. While also reaching: As an explorer, you have done many and great things. Which from what I hear is more then some Myths have.

We'll round up to 9 days, though about 3-4 of those days was spent idling in the Sparkle church so 5 solid days of game time. Within those 5 days I was able to reach under 40 quests left in the game and reach Rising Hero with very very little assistance on both quests and grinding. I had one grinding party I joined and asked for help for about 4 quests. The rest was all solo play this time also includes my much needed herbing as well as spell hunting. Which I did have some help with the latter.

Now anyone whose had the pleasure of listening to me whine knows that I really do not like questing, I'll complain about them just to complain about something. The point is that even though I may have a bit more experience around the realms someone like me who despises forced questing was able to, out of what 300+ quests or so knock all but 30 some out within just days of in game time. It takes a bit of brain power and creative thinking because the guides even mine thats listed is not anywhere correct for about 30% of them. So if you can put aside the frustration or vent it properly (I like to yell in discord about bad coding and tag Cherek) you CAN complete every quest in the game if you wanted to.

So to debunk the few rumors/myths out there and some advice:

1. Yes quests are buggy but they are all working and you can complete them (Unless you're restricted racially, which is stupid imo)

2. If you fail a quest, 99.9% of the time you did something wrong. Yes, you. The quest may not work like it's intended or like a guide is written but it IS possible to still complete it. There are no broken quests (Quests that are impossible to do) in the game.

3. Don't blindly follow the guide, it's not perfect and I'm too lazy to update mine at least.

4. Ask questions first, if you're stuck ask people. The forums here and on discord has tons of us who have all been there and done that. Chances are we can point out what went wrong.

5. You're going to get frustrated, accept that as a fact and instead of dwelling on the quest that was failed or cannot be completed just move on to another. The more you plug away the sooner it gets done.

Draugor
Myth

Re: Quests aren't THAT bad

Post by Draugor » 31 Aug 2017 18:29

The amount needed and having to redo em on every damn character, still bullshit :P

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 01 Sep 2017 17:13

I'm at "enough to retire" with only 10 quests left, but I'm totally out of motivation to do them. They really ARE frustrating, they really ARE annoying. If it's not the hair pulling syntax, or not respawning items/NPCs, it's effort vs reward.

Port McDunn for instance, quests that require you to run around gather tons of components, grind them in mortar in correct order and quantity, fail several times, mostly due to bugs, or game's maniacal persistence of putting your items into containers that are ON THE GROUND, instead of those in your inventory, etc. And all you get is LITTLE progress. While simplest quest in Terel, that requires killing 2 wanderer level guards and adventurer level priest and unlocking the chains, yields you VERY GOOD progress.

Or for instance yochlol heart quest in Kabal, which is likely the most dangerous quest in game, 2-3 poisons can easily kill SUP CON level character, gives you only DECENT progress.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 01 Sep 2017 18:55

mallor wrote: Or for instance yochlol heart quest in Kabal, which is likely the most dangerous quest in game, 2-3 poisons can easily kill SUP CON level character, gives you only DECENT progress.
Dem urban legends :D

And btw this fight gives u 4 hearts so it's worth around 2 fantas.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 01 Sep 2017 19:09

Kvator wrote:
mallor wrote: Or for instance yochlol heart quest in Kabal, which is likely the most dangerous quest in game, 2-3 poisons can easily kill SUP CON level character, gives you only DECENT progress.

Blah blah blah, I did it just few weeks ago. And how the hell did you figure out 4 hears add up to 2 fantas for the same player? That's some funny math there.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 01 Sep 2017 19:53

mallor wrote:
Kvator wrote:

Blah blah blah, I did it just few weeks ago. And how the hell did you figure out 4 hears add up to 2 fantas for the same player? That's some funny math there.
I ever said so? That's some funny reading-skills here. 2 fantas in qexp is the reward that can ne obtained from this fight. It adds to social aspect of the game. Well done Sir Quest.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 02 Sep 2017 00:09

Kvator wrote:
I ever said so? That's some funny reading-skills here. 2 fantas in qexp is the reward that can ne obtained from this fight. It adds to social aspect of the game. Well done Sir Quest.
As I said you have some weird math there. Killing 3 yochlols is 3 ties harder than killing 1.Will you figure out the rest alone, or should I break it down for you?

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 02 Sep 2017 02:29

mallor wrote:
Kvator wrote:
As I said you have some weird math there. Killing 3 yochlols is 3 ties harder than killing 1.Will you figure out the rest alone, or should I break it down for you?
no it's not :D

killing 1 yochol while fighting 4 is harder than killing 1 yochol while fighting 3 and so on (you know you are being hit less)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/