horses of Terel

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gold bezie
Expert

horses of Terel

Post by gold bezie » 29 Aug 2017 08:18

Hello all,

I bought a stallion in Terel but am confused with the commands.
Some commands are different than with the horses from Bree, like leave is unlead.
I can seem to feed it, but i cant seem to let it drink.
Does anyone know the command for that?

Also two questions for the wizards:
Why cant i do hglance with these horses? Is there a roleplay reason for it?
And would it be an idea if it was possible to be able to stable your horses in every stable instead of only the stables where one has bought it? For some coins ofcouse?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Draugor
Myth

Re: horses of Terel

Post by Draugor » 30 Aug 2017 05:12

The code for the Terel horses is old, very very old, the ones in Bree are relatively new so...

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 30 Aug 2017 20:12

Was afraid of that. Thanks Draugor.

Any change one of the wizards has time to recode it a little? Or is it a lot of work?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 30 Aug 2017 20:50

gold bezie wrote:Was afraid of that. Thanks Draugor.

Any change one of the wizards has time to recode it a little? Or is it a lot of work?
No wizards working in Terel right now. And yes, I imagine reworking the horses would be a pretty time consuming thing, at least if you want them to be at the same level as the Bree and Tyr mounts.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 30 Aug 2017 21:24

Cherek wrote:
gold bezie wrote:Was afraid of that. Thanks Draugor.

No wizards working in Terel right now. And yes, I imagine reworking the horses would be a pretty time consuming thing, at least if you want them to be at the same level as the Bree and Tyr mounts.

If Tyr/Bree works, copy/paste?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 31 Aug 2017 02:37

Alisa: It's still not a trivial job. Copy-pasting code between domains still takes quite some time to get it right. Besides, if the Terel horses are just copies of the Bree horses, can't people just go to Bree? If anything I think the Terel horses should be improved to be as useful as the Bree horses, but still have some unique and different features, so it doesn't feel copied. That said, obviously the base code could probably be used if needed, but again, someone has to volunteer to do it, as usual.:)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/