Gunthar quest item

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Drazson
Titan

Gunthar quest item

Post by Drazson » 25 Jan 2018 13:12

When in the prisoner quest, he gives out a key. Why doesn't the key fit the keyhole though...? I have no other keys on me to bring confusion or anything. Intended? Am I doing something wrong?

mallor
Rising Hero

Re: Gunthar quest item

Post by mallor » 25 Jan 2018 13:56

Drazson wrote:When in the prisoner quest, he gives out a key. Why doesn't the key fit the keyhole though...? I have no other keys on me to bring confusion or anything. Intended? Am I doing something wrong?
Not sure what you're trying to open, the key he gives you should git the grate from draconian's prisoner cell. If you're trying to open the Spur itself, it obviously won't fit. Why the Spur is closed it a first place? Glad you've asked, kniggets lock it up to feel all powerful and needed when you come to them and ask to open it.

In any case, if you don't manage on your own, let me know, I can help with opening both doors.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 25 Jan 2018 14:13

mallor wrote: Why the Spur is closed it a first place? Glad you've asked, kniggets lock it up to feel all powerful and needed when you come to them and ask to open it.
Not sure if you noticed, so i felt i should tell you.
This is a game.
BDA+RDA+alot of others attack the knights. And you complain they lock the doors? What would you do, when under siege? Open wide and yell Welcome!

There is two problems in this matter.
1:Quests inside a guild area that can be attacked without having certain deathtrap mechanics scare of raiders like other guilds.
2:There is no way of knowing which knights are awake to open the spur, for young players.

So sadly, mail around, ask around, find a thief, a kender or a knight to let you in, if its closed.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 25 Jan 2018 14:58

Alisa wrote:
mallor wrote: Why the Spur is closed it a first place? Glad you've asked, kniggets lock it up to feel all powerful and needed when you come to them and ask to open it.
Not sure if you noticed, so i felt i should tell you.
This is a game.
BDA+RDA+alot of others attack the knights. And you complain they lock the doors? What would you do, when under siege? Open wide and yell Welcome!
Well you seem to know better than me for sure, so do tell me when was the last DA attack on Spur or VK? Huge waste of time, especially in today's reality when everyone's calculating minutes/level of progress and running only areas then net most XP. Same goes for war areas, nobody's doing it anymore on DA side. If you make a quick run around them you'll see all of them but one are under knights, and remaining one is under Neidars.
Alisa wrote: There is two problems in this matter.
1:Quests inside a guild area that can be attacked without having certain deathtrap mechanics scare of raiders like other guilds.
2:There is no way of knowing which knights are awake to open the spur, for young players.
Do note, Sanction also has quests and you don't see DA members patrolling Sanction, denying others from doing those quests. Same goes for MM, mages can easily lock up the Tower. In both cases, if you're spotted you'll just answer a few simple questions regarding to your business in those areas and proceed to your quests.
Alisa wrote: So sadly, mail around, ask around, find a thief, a kender or a knight to let you in, if its closed.
As I said, mail me ;) Also do note the lock on second grate that leads to imprisoned draconian is not pickable, that's right even with sup guru skill, but there's a way around that too, so mail me :) I did the quest without aid of knight or Gunthar in a first place, so it's very doable.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 25 Jan 2018 18:06

Npc's patrol sanction for DA.
Answer MM wrongly, they kick you out of town. Answer them wrongly enough they hunt you down and kill you.(well, did before. not sure now.) Mages dont lock, cause noone attacks minas morgul.
Only takes a single DA player to assault the keep, we're armies in ourselves :-)

But i think any argument about changing location, or how the quests work will be countered with "It promotes player interaction", which is a valid point for some of us, but not all of us.

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 25 Jan 2018 18:44

Alisa wrote:Npc's patrol sanction for DA.
Answer MM wrongly, they kick you out of town. Answer them wrongly enough they hunt you down and kill you.(well, did before. not sure now.) Mages dont lock, cause noone attacks minas morgul.
Only takes a single DA player to assault the keep, we're armies in ourselves :-)

But i think any argument about changing location, or how the quests work will be countered with "It promotes player interaction", which is a valid point for some of us, but not all of us.
Quit pointing out that everyone else does it too! Knights are scum of the earth! Get with the mob mentality you outsider!

Etanukar
Adept

Post by Etanukar » 25 Jan 2018 19:01

Going back to the original question... you may be able to find keys to the spur too, if you look. Remember back when exploration was fun?

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 25 Jan 2018 19:28

Greneth wrote:
Alisa wrote:Npc's patrol sanction for DA.

Quit pointing out that everyone else does it too! Knights are scum of the earth! Get with the mob mentality you outsider!
Nobody else locking their guild locations to prevent players from questing, quit that bullshit, I'm already fed up. Comparing NPC patrols with players locking up locations is ridiculous. And if you answer mages "wrong" you need to learn to RP, a simple "I'm here to aid the Tower" will do. If you start giving attitude you'll get killed at any guild location, VK, sanction or tower, I've handled one such arrogant prick lately.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 25 Jan 2018 19:29

Etanukar wrote:Going back to the original question... you may be able to find keys to the spur too, if you look. Remember back when exploration was fun?
You're welcomed to try that lately and let us know if it still works :) I've tried fresh after arma, wasn't quite successful, I do recall that working way back, so I suppose it got changed.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 25 Jan 2018 21:23

Etanukar wrote:Going back to the original question... you may be able to find keys to the spur too, if you look. Remember back when exploration was fun?
I have no issue doing that, I thought it was intented to use the given key to proceed further so I thought I should ask if something is wrong. I am aware of a way to get further but I'm not one to use foul means. I will look into it further though.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/