Is there a post that explains all the possible skills?

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Slyde01
Beginner

Is there a post that explains all the possible skills?

Post by Slyde01 » 12 Nov 2018 16:44

Hi guys,

Still new to the game, so im learning something every day.

One of my current frustrations is that, when i go to a guild to improve my skills, there is very rarely an explanation of what the skill actually is.

Sometimes a "help <skill>" will reveal some info, but most times it doesnt, and i'd really like to know what a skill does before i start investing in it.

Case in point, last night i invested kinda heavily (for me, anyway) in Location Sense (thinking it would help in my searches of areas), only to find out afterwards that it is very much NOT that, and is kind of a useless skill for me right now.

So, is there any post or document which explains the skills? I tried searching but couldnt find one.

thanks all.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Re: Is there a post that explains all the possible skills?

Post by Syrk » 12 Nov 2018 21:55

Exploring and discovering things are supposed to be the fun.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 12 Nov 2018 22:14

Slyde01 wrote:Hi guys,

One of my current frustrations is that, when i go to a guild to improve my skills, there is very rarely an explanation of what the skill actually is.

Sometimes a "help <skill>" will reveal some info, but most times it doesnt, and i'd really like to know what a skill does before i start investing in it.

Case in point, last night i invested kinda heavily (for me, anyway) in Location Sense (thinking it would help in my searches of areas), only to find out afterwards that it is very much NOT that, and is kind of a useless skill for me right now.

So, is there any post or document which explains the skills? I tried searching but couldnt find one.

thanks all.
focus on:

- trading - so you can loot more effectively, getting cash for other skills faster
- two combat skills (weapon of choice + defence) - to be able to do anything
- awareness/swim/climb - most useful 'general' skills

from there try to max other skills slowly

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 12 Nov 2018 23:31

there's a tiny bit of info in <help skillist>

you will need location sense for some quests, so don't worry, it wasn't a total waste.

Slyde01
Beginner

Post by Slyde01 » 14 Nov 2018 17:53

Syrk wrote:Exploring and discovering things are supposed to be the fun.

Well sure, 'exploring' is fun, but spending hours to level up a skill that i am unable to get any information about to know what it does, is not.

If we're going for realism, i wouldnt pay someone to train me in something that i didnt know what it was...

Slyde01
Beginner

Post by Slyde01 » 14 Nov 2018 17:54

Kvator wrote:
Slyde01 wrote:Hi guys,

thanks all.
focus on:

- trading - so you can loot more effectively, getting cash for other skills faster
- two combat skills (weapon of choice + defence) - to be able to do anything
- awareness/swim/climb - most useful 'general' skills

from there try to max other skills slowly
great info, thanks.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/