Defence or parry

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Mim
Rising Hero

Defence or parry

Post by Mim » 08 Dec 2018 13:06

Hello!

If I have the luxury, and as Mercenary I do, to spend 20 skill points in either parry or defence, what is preferable?
Assume I have good skill in both at the same skill lvl, but another 20 would bring me up to guru something skill.
(Also if any of the skills are better under certain circumstances, I recall someone said once that parry has to do with two handed weapon skill (does it?), assume I use two weapons)

Tarlok
Apprentice

Re: Defence or parry

Post by Tarlok » 08 Dec 2018 13:29

Defence should be preferred. Parry only helps if wielding a weapon. I suspect they are of equivalent value in preventing normal melee attacks. I also guess that some abilities check defence and not parry as parry is a rarer skill amongst players.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/