Death Recovery ?

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Callimachus
Beginner

Death Recovery ?

Post by Callimachus » 26 Jul 2019 12:44

Sorry if there is a thread about this already, but if there is, I am perhaps not searching for the right phrase.

I notice that many players will say things like, "oh, at vet now, time to die again!" and then go off and get their character killed for the purpose of lowering their brute level. I understand brutality and how it affects gaining experience, but this accompanying aspect of "death recovery" is not clear to me. If one of the chapters in the tutorial journal was about it, I don't remember and I unfortunately don't have the journal anymore, and I can't seem to find a help file about it. Can someone please point me to the right help file about it, or perhaps just explain death recovery so that my slow witted brain can stop being perplexed?

Draugor
Myth

Re: Death Recovery ?

Post by Draugor » 26 Jul 2019 12:56

Callimachus wrote:Sorry if there is a thread about this already, but if there is, I am perhaps not searching for the right phrase.

I notice that many players will say things like, "oh, at vet now, time to die again!" and then go off and get their character killed for the purpose of lowering their brute level. I understand brutality and how it affects gaining experience, but this accompanying aspect of "death recovery" is not clear to me. If one of the chapters in the tutorial journal was about it, I don't remember and I unfortunately don't have the journal anymore, and I can't seem to find a help file about it. Can someone please point me to the right help file about it, or perhaps just explain death recovery so that my slow witted brain can stop being perplexed?
Death recovery lowers your brute untill you're back to where you where upon your death, it is to expediate recovering your lost combat xp

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 26 Jul 2019 13:43

Callimachus
Beginner

Post by Callimachus » 26 Jul 2019 19:13

Okay, thanks!

So, if it only lowers the brute until you are back to the same level, what's the point of getting your char killed on purpose? To re-align stats? To more quickly gain guildexp?

Perhaps I answered my own question...

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 26 Jul 2019 19:37

To redistribute your stats. If you were a fighter and wanted to switch to magic-user, you might want to consider resetting your stats (switch from physical to mental). This is not obligatory ofcourse, but if you are extremely violent, have supreme strength and rather low intelligence, then your mage won't be so powerful. IMO the most efficient way of doing this is eg. die down to veteran, turn into an elf, focus your stats on int and wis, then join the Army of Darkness, grind to the desired mortal level, leave ogres and join magic-users. Once you leave ogres, you will turn back into an elf with high int and wis.

Guildstat is no longer effected by brutality. Meaning it is irrelevant whether you're extremely violent or pacifistic. You gain guildexp at the same rate, depending only on your guildtax.

Callimachus
Beginner

Post by Callimachus » 27 Jul 2019 13:16

Ah. I see the benefit of that. Thanks for the great example, Rincon!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/