Help for player returning after a long time

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amastacia
Greenhorne

Help for player returning after a long time

Post by Amastacia » 05 Jul 2020 02:52

Hello. I used to play Genesis a long time ago. Surprisingly, I tried my most commonly used log in info from back then, and I could actually log in to my old character.

The thing is, I have forgotten everything about the game apart from the fact that I used to enjoy it. Could anyone point me towards a repository of commands for the game? The guide on the website mentions a few, but doesn't mention a lot of others, e.g., logging out. I apologize if I am asking this on the wrong subforum, or if this is already available somewhere on the forums - a rudimentary search failed me.

As a related query, are there maps available for the realm? I logged in to find myself at the Elemental Temple in Calia, but I vaguely remember that the temple used to be hidden, and I'm afraid of moving about lest I get lost in a mapless part of the realm and can't find my way back to civilization.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Mavros
Wizard

Re: Help for player returning after a long time

Post by Mavros » 05 Jul 2020 03:23

Welcome back!

Maps:
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/w/page/41364090/Maps

Commands:
do <save> and <quit> to log out
<search here for herbs> to find herbs
<search corpse> to find leftovers from a corpse that you killed
<get all from corpse> to loot your kill
... and some others that are unique to items that usually would tell you what their commands are (i.e <fillpack> for certain backpacks).

If you want a more comprehensive tutorial, I recommend making a new character to go through our tutorial area to refresh your memory on how each command works.

Let me or anybody know if you have any more questions!

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 05 Jul 2020 06:57

I'd suggest creating a new character and running through the 'new' tutorial. It is a lot of fun, and will expose you to not just the old commands you have forgotten but also a lot of the new stuff that has been introduced. It isn't the same Genesis :)

Amastacia
Greenhorne

Post by Amastacia » 05 Jul 2020 20:34

Thank you for both of your suggestions. I ran the introduction with a new character, and it refreshed my memory quite a bit. However, I'm still stuck on an issue. If I remember correctly, each guild had particular commands to execute special attacks, actions, emotes, and non-combat skills. I went through the guildhalls and libraries of the Eil-Galaith and the Order of the Dragon, but could not find any document that mentioned the commands to access a menu of available guild-specific actions. If anyone could help me with this, it would be much appreciated.

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 05 Jul 2020 20:39

Amastacia wrote:
05 Jul 2020 20:34
Thank you for both of your suggestions. I ran the introduction with a new character, and it refreshed my memory quite a bit. However, I'm still stuck on an issue. If I remember correctly, each guild had particular commands to execute special attacks, actions, emotes, and non-combat skills. I went through the guildhalls and libraries of the Eil-Galaith and the Order of the Dragon, but could not find any document that mentioned the commands to access a menu of available guild-specific actions. If anyone could help me with this, it would be much appreciated.
Usually, with guilds there is a guild token in your inventory which lists the help command for it. I forget what the DO and Eil-Galaith have though.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 05 Jul 2020 21:07

For monks, it's your belt. If you don't have one you can get it from the guildhall.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 06 Jul 2020 12:39

The half-elves wear a mantle.

Amastacia
Greenhorne

Post by Amastacia » 08 Jul 2020 18:46

Thank you for all of your replies. I'm happy to say that I have remembered most of the commands and am once again enjoying Genesis overall. :)

Just a note: Even though examining most guild artifacts reveals the help command for that guild, examining the DO belt does not. It does follow the template of 'help <guild>' like many other guilds though.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/