Complaints about Block

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

NOT MUCH FOR OGRES TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!!

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 16 Mar 2010 12:02

Lindros wrote:
Tarax the Terrible wrote:Ogres already have uber block..
Its hardly getting screwed over.
Knights do not get anything extra either.
Good point about the casters tho.
Only ones possibly getting screwed are DA's who should have got dfear back.

Its not global if everyone but Ogres gets the skill.

Knights allready have the skill to max level.

Will be intresting to see if Mercs gets it or not, I am leaning towards they wont get it, will be too much whining from goodies if they do ;)

Also, I have yet to hear any explanation why it was changed so combat does not have to be initiated before trying to block someone. Blocking should be counted as any special, and should require combat
be initiated, hell even more so considering how powerful it is.

I cannot decide if this is just your "posturing" putting forward a poor me case even if you know you are in a better position...
But in the theme of mutual respect for opinions I will not just call you ridiculous but try and argue the points logically.

Global block means that now everyone has a chance to block.
Think if the ogres got their block at the same time, how it would be a case of OMG thanks!
Giving the ogres two blocks would be a bit excessive don't you think?

Why would you have to enter combat first? Ogres don't have to do this. I would say that instead of having to be in combat blocking an exit should be considered and aggressive action. So if I stand blocking in sparkle and someone trys to walk past I attack them. To discourage people setting themselves as long term "barricades"
The blocker attacking them and not vice versa would be necessary to prevent abuse to get around low dis and npcs. ie block then fear them.

Blocking should reduce your other specials?
Well again it doesn't do that for ogres. But why should it, it just means you are standing in a certain place, if someone is trying to break through they are close to you.

On the ogres they can also leave and still have a block effect.
I think this is all wrong, blocking should be an aggressive action and not able to be used as a defensive tactic. ie block your enemies then run away.

Ogres at the minute cannot miss and the smallest ogre can block the hugest players.
Ogres are lucky their block is not more balanced, ie it could fail or could try it and put foot through floor a be stuck themselves for 2X normal duration or doing so fatigues them greatly etc.

We have yet to see what the global block will be like but I have no doubt the Ogres will be on top.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Windemere
Expert

Re: Complaints about Block

Post by Windemere » 16 Mar 2010 16:19

Good Post Tarax,

I think your points on blocking being seen as an aggressive posture is fantastic and right on the mark. If you try to stop someone from leaving a room obviously you are being aggressive towards them and combat should be initiated.

On effect to specials, I think it should have an effect. If you are trying to stop someone from leaving the room you aren't going to be able to focus as much on doing a special attack. Ogres are affected by their block. Remember, an earthquake occurs after an ogre stomps on the ground, and the ogre is then stunned and not able to move or perform their special. (Maybe this is only at low levels in Ogres, but it happened to me!)

Ogres, being stunned, cannot leave the room after they block, and in fact, they block EVERYONE including team members. Really not the most powerful block as it can be very detrimental to use it. (I.E. Getting a teammate killed).

these are my observations on the matter. But specifically in regards to specials, it is not just a person standing closer, it is the fact that you are trying to physically stop them from leaving the room.

Windemere

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 16 Mar 2010 16:29

Windemere wrote:Ogres, being stunned, cannot leave the room after they block, and in fact, they block EVERYONE including team members. Really not the most powerful block as it can be very detrimental to use it. (I.E. Getting a teammate killed).
Knight block does not stun the blocking one, but it blocks EVERYONE including team members as well.
So I guess that the global block will work that way. But who knows?

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 16 Mar 2010 16:34

Just to clarify,

Ogre block stops everyone in every single direction. Unlike Knight block which is only one direction and can be broken by the blocker easily.

Windemere

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 16 Mar 2010 16:38

We are talking about guild specials, so its a fine line we are walking.
So I will just say what I have seen and that is that is an ogre starting an earthquake then leaving the room while it was going on.

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 16 Mar 2010 16:40

Ok. Well, I'll just say:

I've seen myself start an earthquake and then not be able to move after it.

So, not sure then...

Windemere

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 16 Mar 2010 17:19

Hmmm. How about we celebrate the new block a bit?
Lets gather a team in Sparkle adventurers guild and block the only exit :mrgreen:

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

PRAISE!!!!! about Block

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 16 Mar 2010 17:33

I am looking fwd to the next arma more than any in history I think.
Maybe even more than a Wizday.

This thread is so negative.
THANKKKKKKSSSSSSS to the wizzies who are making these braves bold steps to bring the game forward.
I hope all goes as planned.

And here is the theme music.. http://www.myspace.com/blocparty

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 16 Mar 2010 17:56

Windemere wrote:I've seen myself start an earthquake and then not be able to move after it.
Tarax the Terrible wrote:So I will just say what I have seen and that is that is an ogre starting an earthquake then leaving the room while it was going on.
Funny that in the span of one thread, there are lots of conflicting ideas about how this ability works. :ugeek: And this, my dear friends, is why discussing observations is so much more productive than declarations of guild abilities in a guild that you don't belong to.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 16 Mar 2010 18:32

Windemere wrote:I think your points on blocking being seen as an aggressive posture is fantastic and right on the mark. If you try to stop someone from leaving a room obviously you are being aggressive towards them and combat should be initiated.
A couple of things: a knight must enter combat to use their block. Also, contrary to ogre's block, the knights' block is not immediate, there is a delay between the order and the character actually blocking. So, they cannot block someone who is bouncing since they need to enter combat and by the time the block resolves the bouncer is already out of the room.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/