How random is random?

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhaegar
Legend

How random is random?

Post by Rhaegar » 25 May 2010 18:31

Don't want to spoil any quest info here, so I'll try to keep it brief and simple enough to let people who know what this is about to get what I'm getting at, without ruining the fun for those who don't.

So, today I came across a certain black book in this one big mansion. The book contained a spell of conjuration.
I remember that in my past life, when I was but stupid, young goblin without any knowledge of magic, I managed to cast the spell with my first try.
Now, that I'm a smart elf, skilled in the ways of conjuration, I fruitlessly tried to cast it, without any success until my whole mana was gone...

Any hints on how does this work? What am I missing here? Is it just bad luck?
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Earth
Great Adventurer

Re: How random is random?

Post by Earth » 25 May 2010 19:19

Keep trying...I had one old character that took over 35 times to finally cast that right.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 25 May 2010 22:19

I think it require a certain skill

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 29 May 2010 23:15

When you fail so often, it is because you are missing something. Some races like dwarves have problems casting spells because of low intelect, wisdom and spellcasting skills. Some like ogres can't cast some at all.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/