Racial Rebalancing News?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zhar
Wizard

Re: Racial Rebalancing News?

Post by Zhar » 07 Jan 2021 03:09

Then we can simply come back to all races being human. Then you can set your stats as you wish but perhaps there could be a bit more control over the distribution (maybe some tweaked version of old system where you could set each stat priority individually).
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Skythus
Wanderer

Post by Skythus » 07 Jan 2021 04:49

I like the idea of setting attributes in character creation, such as alignment. Although this would drive us closer to class-based, an "all human stats" system with variants toward warrior, mage, and thief would be interesting.

Rache
Apprentice

Post by Rache » 07 Jan 2021 15:42

Skythus wrote:
07 Jan 2021 04:49
I like the idea of setting attributes in character creation, such as alignment. Although this would drive us closer to class-based, an "all human stats" system with variants toward warrior, mage, and thief would be interesting.
I agree, and it would be significantly better than things are now.

Thalric
Veteran

Post by Thalric » 07 Jan 2021 19:04

If this is the way to go... the only question left is how much/little you are able to put in a stat.
If it should be that max can be 5x lowest, like in the old days...
Or if the general plan is to reign in the huge differences and say it can only be 2x or 3x...

I like the idea of removing all racial bonuses and just use this.
Then you can be a huge dex dwarf, or a very clumsy hobbit.. but so be it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/