Just curious

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhynox
Titan

Re: Just curious

Post by Rhynox » 18 Jul 2010 02:50

Oh, my mistake. Horns look all the same (^0^)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 19 Jul 2010 19:29

Neidar have been recoded to be uber.
Its not Irk is a special case, all Neidar have the same uberness. Heros able to tank trolls easily etc.

But I do not see a huge problem in the concept, actually I like it, but I do feel it needs tweaking regarding balance, since its a new recode sooner rather than later.
Having an ability that soaks damage is powerful, the fact that it is uncapped ie no max on the number of combatants being soaked is the same for all so far outweights the power of stuns when the enemy count increases.
For Neidar the % soak is very high is what makes the Neidar feats vs pvp ganking seem unreal.
But that is less of an issue than the benefit from grinding.

I suggest the balance team makes a small but significant change to the Neidars special.
Add that every blow they absorb drains fatigue, and if they are exhausted the ability becomes considerably less effective.
This makes sense IMO, battleraging away in the front line would be very tiring.
But Dwarves have nice con so can last it for a good amount of time.
But if they are grinding 6 trolls and suddenly find themselves exhausted they could die because tanking drops and they cannot move.
It would also cause them to have to pay more attention when grinding, hard for someone else to lead them blind and snap fingers.
So then if a Neidar faces 7 players and soaks almost all they get exhausted quickly by doing so so have an increased chance of death. (Still MUCCCCCCCCCCCCHHH less than any other guild if they are paying attention).

Then review equipment fatigue buffs available to Neidars to make sure the balance is not easily ignored.

He shoots, he scores??

Arguements against balanacing down monks etc are pointless when a new stunning tanking damaging guild significantly exceeds them?
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 19 Jul 2010 21:51

Ugh, that would be an awful change, since it would make the neidar just like the old version, when after the second battle we were already too tired to defend ourselves. It is like making goblins panic out of the room after the second battle because of their discipline. Or making angmarin cover block hits and specials from only one enemy and not the opponent team.

Earth
Great Adventurer

Post by Earth » 19 Jul 2010 22:28

Tarax the Terrible wrote:Neidar have been recoded to be uber.
Its not Irk is a special case, all Neidar have the same uberness. Heros able to tank trolls easily etc.
I'm not sure I agree with Tarax 100% on this. I recently had the opportunity to travel with a hero/titan neidar and two Calians to the TTs, and I must admit, he did a little bit better than I could in terms of tanking, but it wasn't that uber of a tank.

There were a few factors that I can present to help explain this:

1. Because he is a dwarf, his CON was comparable to mine as a legend human. Of course, I have put my focus in other areas, but still, for his mortal size, his CON was huge.

2. The neidar had really great equipment. (Which BTW, was completely trashed within short order from all the hits).

3. His neidar ability decreased the damage done per each hit.

4. We were travelling with two very well equipped Calians. Move behind means that all targets on the neidar and myself. Also if you include Earth's damage abilities and the fact all three of us were wielding good quality weapons, the trolls weren't really standing around that long.

Really, it was mostly the last fact that allows him to tank TTs. You could probably substitute any titan with decent CON and good defence skills and be almost as effective.

The neidar himself wasn't really doing damage at all, so I think this is the reason why you see Neidar almost always teaming with Calians. It's a good mix and matching of guild abilities and the most effective way of minimizing their weaknesses while maximizing their strengths.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/