Questions about the Brutality Quest Exp Cap

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Questions about the Brutality Quest Exp Cap

Post by gorboth » 10 Aug 2010 23:09

I figured I'd start a thread separate from the Common Board so people can ask questions about the cap. There appears to be a lot of confusion about this. I'll try to clear up as much as possible with this initial post, but I'll follow up by answering as I can any questions that follow.

So, some information:

- I can't get absolutely precise here because to do so would dip into the realm of numbers, wiz-info, etc.

- When setting the cap, this was my calculation: current exp value of all quests + healthy buffer. Thus, I set the cap a healthy value higher than what all the quests in the game would be worth to allow players who have been doing events, etc, to benefit above and beyond quest-only value.

- The Market Quest is indeed part of the orb lists. However, it will not show up until you have repeated the quest sufficient times to have earned the full qxp reward possible. (No player is even close.)

- Guru Quests are not worth very much qxp, if any, usually. They are not enough to push players over the cap.

- The current setting of the cap should be impossible to reach with current qxp available in the game, even if you have been awarded for all events and market possibilities.

- If the cap is reached by players who are not old enough to have old quest rewards, the cap will be adjusted higher.

- Soon, a feature will be implemented to let players check to see if they have yet reached the qxp brute cap.

Any other questions?
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Questions about the Brutality Quest Exp Cap

Post by Cherek » 11 Aug 2010 00:08

I am out of questions.

Thanks for answering!

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 11 Aug 2010 03:12

I got one, has an existing player been affected by this cap directly? You make it sound as if everything is still like before.

Freya

Post by Freya » 11 Aug 2010 03:37

I would think there's prolly a handful of players who has been effected as of yet.

I could list names, but I think it would not be very nice, so I'll be quiet ;)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 11 Aug 2010 06:51

bragging about wiz-info again? :lol:

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 11 Aug 2010 22:54

Rhynox wrote:I got one, has an existing player been affected by this cap directly? You make it sound as if everything is still like before.
This question will be something players themselves can answer once we implement the ability to see if you have reached the cap. Mercade has indicated this will be easy to add and plans to do so soon.

To answer your question though, if the cap is to be considered 100% of available quest experience for brutality, the available quests in the game give you about 95% toward the cap. Event rewards might close the gap to nearly 97% or so. The oldest players in the game tend to have around 120% - 140% above the cap. The most extreme example of old quest exp is closer to 170% above the cap.

So ... some of these old players are losing a considerable amount of brute advantage. I agree with those who have sympathy for these players. I don't like taking something from them that they have been allowed to enjoy for so many years. I do, however, feel that the good of the order is served best by this decision.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 12 Aug 2010 04:40

I see. Well, a good bunch of the characters that are supposed to be over the limit are not active anymore, so they won't be too affected by it. And I don't think there is need for such command, because those with huge qxp already know who they are.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 12 Aug 2010 04:43

i know of several people including myself who would like access to such a command. so speak for yourself Rhynox.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 12 Aug 2010 05:04

Of course, that is why I said "I think". Posts are personal opinion, and my personal opinion is that having such command would enter the "too much information".

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 12 Aug 2010 17:19

Rhynox wrote:Of course, that is why I said "I think". Posts are personal opinion, and my personal opinion is that having such command would enter the "too much information".
Well ... I don't know if I agree with "too much information" but the fact is that it will be slightly redundant information. Players who are not old already have the ability to know how close they are to reaching the cap just by visiting the quest orbs in Sparkle. If you have about half of the orb quests remaining unsolved, you are about halfway to the cap. If you have nearly all of the quest orb listings solved, you are nearing the cap. If you have all of the available quest orbs solved, you have all but reached it.

Even so, I don't see any real harm in introducing this command. The "too much" part of the info concern doesn't really register with me ... what would such info reveal that spoils anything?

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/