Stats

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Stats

Post by Cherek » 11 Aug 2010 01:53

Well.. this may seem odd coming from someone who has been playing for quite some time but... here goes:

What about stats? What are they good for?

STR
- If you're stronger you get less burdened when carrying things.
- You hit harder? So if you "graze" someone as titanic, you do alot more damage than if you are puny? Am I right?
- Thats it?

DEX
- How well you dodge blows in combat.
- Thats it?

CON
- How much damage you can take, how many "HP" you have. If someone "grazes" you at supreme it wont hurt as much if someone grazing you at sturdy.
- Thats it?

WIS
- No idea... more wisdom makes your spells work better? Heal better? Do more damage? Or what?

INT
- Amount of maximum Mana, like CON but for mana.
- Thats it?

DIS
- More dis makes you attack bigger stuff.
- Thats it?

Freya

Re: Stats

Post by Freya » 11 Aug 2010 03:00

DEX

I think higher dex makes you more accurate in your striking, so its not just avoiding blows.
But I could be wrong on this, just speculating.

WIS

I think its used for spellcasting, and for the reset time of some guilds specials.

DIS

Used to be you hitted harder/more accurate if you got the "You feel calm again" message,
at least that was what rumours had it out to be back in the days.
I have absolutely no clue if its true or not tho :p

I'm guessing that perhaps Int is used for some spellcasting thingies too, I never been much for magics, so I really don't know how it works!

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 11 Aug 2010 03:06

Strength allows you to carry more stuff, yes. Note that volume plays a role too, you won't be able to carry lots of big stuff even if you are just lightened burdened. And since the recoding of the combat system, strength is also taken into account when hitting. A graze at titanic is better than a graze at meekly, sure. Dexterity allows you to dodge in combat, and also to hit more often (in the sense that, if you hit 10 times in a minute, your hit percentage at acrobatic would be higher than your hit percentage at slow). To effectively hit more (instead of 10 times in a minute, 15 times per minute for example), you need haste, which is a different hidden statistic.

Constitution calculates the amount of alcohol you can ingest (and vice versa, with the amount of alcohol you can drink you can calculate your constitution), and gives you your health. As far as I know damage messages are actually given depending on the amount of health left in the opponent, and not the amount of damage you did with the attack, so a graze for a myth is much worse than a graze for a greenhorne (both may end with 50% health, but in a greenhorne he could have lost a dozen health points while a myth could have lost hundreds).

You got intellect right I think. It also gives you memory to remember other people. Wisdom should be the strength of your spells, and how effective they are.

Discipline is the worst of the skills. It only works when you try to attack something (if he is bigger than you, you won't be able to attack), and that is it. Even if your panic levels in battle could increase based on your discipline, it doesn't really affect your character as every hit reduces panic anyways.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 11 Aug 2010 03:11

Pretty sure Dis affects the time for dragonfear too.
Int is directly related to how much mana one has.
Dex is also related to crit for certain guilds.

-b

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 13 Aug 2010 22:19

Actually INT is a rather useless stat.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 13 Aug 2010 23:24

So is wisdom..
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 14 Aug 2010 02:56

OgreToyBoy wrote:Actually INT is a rather useless stat.
It is actually pretty important in one fighting guild, since its special is based on it.

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 14 Aug 2010 03:11

I have found, through many years of playing as a mortal, that all the stats have interesting and important effects, depending on what type of character you play and what types of abilities she/he uses. Even some seemingly "useless" stats can prove to be very important to some types of characters.

I don't think I'll mention specifics here, though >:) But I think that perhaps the game's help files could be a little bit more informative in general terms, though without being too specific.

Tapakah
Wizard

Post by Tapakah » 14 Aug 2010 06:32

Recoba,

Please be so helpful and suggest the required changes to the help files! We'll implement them.

T.
We love self criticism - L. F. Vunyukov, "The Tale of the Troika".

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 15 Aug 2010 21:09

Help on the stats would be nice, since even as Ive played for so long I obviously didnt know how they work... and this thread seem to prove that I am not alone. Some basic info would be good. "Strength is mainly used for X, Y, Z"... etc.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/