Game crashing

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Freya

Game crashing

Post by Freya » 16 Aug 2010 12:54

Just curious here, how come its not possible to instead of starting the game up from 0, start it up letting people have the equipment they had from the last armageddon?

Its rather frustrating having all your equipment gone, especially with the new system where things spawn 3-4 days into the reboot, instead of just using the latest armageddon "copy" and let people start out with what they had last?

Is it by choice this is made or is it because there's no recent "copy" of the equipment/game save ?

I hope that made sense, cause I'm confused and too tired to edit it :p

Laurel

Re: Game crashing

Post by Laurel » 16 Aug 2010 13:08

What about if my char made 40 fantas since Arma ...?

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 16 Aug 2010 13:12

Then you are screwed! The equipment is more important, man! :P

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 16 Aug 2010 13:23

While losing gear like this completely sucks... It still gives people who didnt have much get things aswell that were already taken.
And while i do sympathize with Freya(And i lost quite the equipment stash myself) i dont really have any problems with this.

And im so going to regret saying that when i get home from work tonight, wanting to grind a bit :lol:
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 16 Aug 2010 13:43

amberlee wrote: And im so going to regret saying that when i get home from work tonight, wanting to grind a bit :lol:
I'll get you a nice, saving splendid sword, so we can go grind together, ok? :lol:
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Freya

Post by Freya » 16 Aug 2010 13:48

Actually for me its not so big of a problem, I can take out most foes with standard equipment :)

Been online less than an hour and I have a full set of equipment allready.

I was just curious as to why things couldnt be setted back to the previous arma, equipment-wise.

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 16 Aug 2010 13:58

Game is not supposed to be crashing.
I guess it is better to fix what caused crash, rather then making complex solutions in case game crashes.

Reading this forum I get the impression that any solution would make more people unhappy then happy.
Then another and another fix for fix would be required.
Then players would demand to remove it completely.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 16 Aug 2010 14:13

sharn wrote:Game is not supposed to be crashing.
sharn wrote:Then players would demand to remove it completely.

I vote for removal of all futur crashes :twisted:

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 16 Aug 2010 15:42

I changed my mind :)

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 16 Aug 2010 21:44

The bug has been found and corrected.
This particular crash should not happen again after the next armageddon.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/