Imbuements Imminent?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Imbuements Imminent?

Post by gorboth » 23 Jan 2011 14:45

Alorrana wrote:*can only shake my head to this one* I dont like questing, Game is grinding and RP for me.. So this is a part of the game, Im never going to be able to play along in, thanks....
I've decided to make a "buy out" option for this one. Players who just can't stand to quest but who want to participate in imbuement crafting will be able to do so with a one-time "payment" that fits the theme of things.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 23 Jan 2011 15:17

gorboth wrote:
Alorrana wrote:*can only shake my head to this one* I dont like questing, Game is grinding and RP for me.. So this is a part of the game, Im never going to be able to play along in, thanks....
I've decided to make a "buy out" option for this one. Players who just can't stand to quest but who want to participate in imbuement crafting will be able to do so with a one-time "payment" that fits the theme of things.

G.

And miss out on the QEXP? :S
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 23 Jan 2011 15:23

Code: Select all

Web page:                89% done
Imbuement System:        coded, reviewed for balance, balance fixes nearing completion
Newbie Dungeon & Quests: coded, playtested, final polish nearing completion
Crafting:                coded and finished!

how about finally recoding all guilds in-line with set standards, instead of leaving the job half-done for years? this ain't directed at Booger but at wizards

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 23 Jan 2011 15:31

Yeah Qxp means nothing to me, seriously. And problem is Im not alone in the feeling. I can name several players from DK who hates to quest. And it stops us from making new chars. because its simply fustrating to do them again. over and over and over again.. And that keeps us away. Im glad that some people also like quests, and Its good that the wizards keeps comming up with new quests for them. No worries there. But Personally i still think questing should be optional. You should be able to make a Grind/rp character..

Make the cap at legend if your a grinder, if you solve 70% of all quests, you could have myth title.. ect ect. there are many things one could do.. but what one shouldnt do is FORCE people to quest.. and thats my main problem with genesis.. You HAVE to quest. and it bums me out.

Oh well enough of my quest whining..

Im glad the imbuments are here, and the quests to those of you that likes quests.. and able to buy out option is a great thing in this.. Otherwhise I would never have gotten to do em. to be honest. But thats a great thing. *beam* Im not angry or anything.. Just the rebel inside of me that shouts when ever I MUST do something.. ;)
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 23 Jan 2011 17:04

I must agree with Alorrana.

Yesterday I finally went over the doorstep to do a questrun in order to improve my pathetic brute that hinders me in doing any sort of grinding at my size.

The first hour yelded about zero progress due to stuff missing, and quests bugging. The level of fustration was breathtaking, a constant reminder why I really REALLY hate questing in Genesis (but not im mmo's, because you can always do the quests there in a orderly fasion).

I ended up on low progress after doing some quests after a period of five hours. It truly felt like I was wasting my time and gained little but buckets of fustration in return. I would rather drag my club somewhere and hit a grinder, doing the leveling old-fasion way and probably earn more than just a low progress every 5 hours spent, atleast on my mortal level.

Currently, questing in Genesis don't work well compared to their modern counterparts, and it seems that most of the current players don't enjoy them either. If half of your playerbase don't like enforced questing, perhaps it's something you should take a closer look at. Evolution is a fine thing. :)

What about capping brute levels to certain mortal levels?

It could ensure rapid growth in earlier levels and flat out like a typical mmo, where the last mortal levels would be very hard to reach. More players would reach the "end-game" earlier and easier, but that's not a bad thing.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 23 Jan 2011 17:09

Alorrana wrote:Yeah Qxp means nothing to me, seriously. And problem is Im not alone in the feeling. I can name several players from DK who hates to quest. And it stops us from making new chars. because its simply fustrating to do them again. over and over and over again.. And that keeps us away. Im glad that some people also like quests, and Its good that the wizards keeps comming up with new quests for them. No worries there. But Personally i still think questing should be optional. You should be able to make a Grind/rp character..

Make the cap at legend if your a grinder, if you solve 70% of all quests, you could have myth title.. ect ect. there are many things one could do.. but what one shouldnt do is FORCE people to quest.. and thats my main problem with genesis.. You HAVE to quest. and it bums me out.

Oh well enough of my quest whining..

Im glad the imbuments are here, and the quests to those of you that likes quests.. and able to buy out option is a great thing in this.. Otherwhise I would never have gotten to do em. to be honest. But thats a great thing. *beam* Im not angry or anything.. Just the rebel inside of me that shouts when ever I MUST do something.. ;)

I agree with what you say here.
I hate questing myself and would be happier of QEXP was removed alltogether and instead other rewards could be given by quests.
But as it is now.. I'd rather do a quest then be able to skip it and lose QEXP
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 23 Jan 2011 22:59

If you do the buy-out, you can still do the quest later for qxp. The buyout option will just let you do the crafting without the questing.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 24 Jan 2011 04:17

amberlee wrote: I hate questing myself and would be happier of QEXP was removed alltogether and instead other rewards could be given by quests.
Yes... like points that can be spent in a special shop for character customization. Or special items, one time uses/permanent. Cannot remove from Inventory.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 24 Jan 2011 05:20

gorboth wrote:If you do the buy-out, you can still do the quest later for qxp. The buyout option will just let you do the crafting without the questing.

G.
Now, this I dont get. Why offer a buy-out option?

People often complain about how quests are illogical, buggy, annoying, confusing, ill-made and not rewarding enough. The whole reason people wanna remove quests and not have them feel forced is because most of our current quests are not user-friendly. If a majority of the population liked the quests, nobody would feel "forced" to quest.

So... they way I see it this was a perfect opportunity to prove them wrong and showcase a fun way of questing. I am hoping, and thinking, the new quests are actually well-made, not bugged, logical, and without confusing syntaxes. And with a neat reward in being able to take part in this new crafting system.

New, good quests with a good reward, but still not something you have to do to play the game. Sounds great!

But by offering a buy-out it's like you dont believe in your idea anymore. I think it was a great idea, and a great way to get the quest-haters to experience some good, fun and logical quests.

Now all you do is add yet another way to get something by turning on your grind/loot-script again. Or for most older people, by doing nothing since most people have alot of coins, so just click the "pay-now" button and you're in. If you dont like quests because of the buggy old quests, you'll never try out new quests even if people say they are fun unless there is a real reward for it. And now its gone.

By offering this buy-out some people are happy. And instead now I (and perhaps others) are unhappy. Change it back? Well then then I am happy, and others unhappy. And thats my whole point, you can never, ever, make everyone happy.

I get the feeling you greatly believe in this new imbuement system, and that you also want a game where questing has a big part. If you think the new quests are good and fun, USE them. Dont give people a way around it. Unless you plan to remove quests from the game, or make them meaningless in the future, you gotta turn the quest-haters into people who actually can enjoy it. Or remove quests usefulness and lose us quest-likers. If you guys who have tried these new quests think they are fun and interesting, chances are most of us will too. And if given a big enough carrot to try them, maybe even the most grumpy ones will eventually try it, and perhaps find it enjoyable.

I say go with your vision of the game, and stick with it, and it will turn out fine. Start trying to please everyone, and you'll end up with a patchwork of things that in the end wont please anyone at all.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 24 Jan 2011 05:30

Greneth wrote:
amberlee wrote: I hate questing myself and would be happier of QEXP was removed alltogether and instead other rewards could be given by quests.
Yes... like points that can be spent in a special shop for character customization. Or special items, one time uses/permanent. Cannot remove from Inventory.

Eeexactly

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/