Imbuements Imminent?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kitriana
Champion

Re: Imbuements Imminent?

Post by Kitriana » 16 Jan 2011 17:05

I enjoy questing too! (And I am not a wizard).

I'm really excited about this new area and new quests! :) I find grinding to be so boring... I want to shoot myself sometimes. If I could just quest and quest and never have to do much killing.. I'd be happy. I much prefer growth this way. Even though some of the quests are frustrating.. I like the logic puzzles.. and having the chance to explore a new area and look at something a new way.

While I will agree that some of the older quests in Genesis are in dire need of help... I can imagine that something newly implented quest wise will be intuitive much like the other newly added quests in sparkle library which have been great so far.

My two CC.

Kit's player
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 16 Jan 2011 17:14

That's because most people set their goals too high. Everyone's thinking about becoming a myth, having all the best eq possible etc.
Why not aim for say veteran level instead. It's fairly easy to accomplish, you don't need all that great stuff to be successful at this level, if you grow higher you're satisfied, if you die it's no big deal and if you won't grow past veteran it's also good as you've reached your goal and can concentrate on some fun stuff/RP etc. You don't need to grind to get your progress too.

Edit: The difference between Genesis and your generic MMO this days is that you don't need to be maxed out in terms of player level and eq to enjoy the game and be involved. Don't forget about that and just enjoy it.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 16 Jan 2011 17:29

Rhaegar wrote:That's because most people set their goals too high. Everyone's thinking about becoming a myth, having all the best eq possible etc.
Why not aim for say veteran level instead. It's fairly easy to accomplish, you don't need all that great stuff to be successful at this level, if you grow higher you're satisfied, if you die it's no big deal and if you won't grow past veteran it's also good as you've reached your goal and can concentrate on some fun stuff/RP etc. You don't need to grind to get your progress too.

Edit: The difference between Genesis and your generic MMO this days is that you don't need to be maxed out in terms of player level and eq to enjoy the game and be involved. Don't forget about that and just enjoy it.
In Genesis other players have a huge impact on your experiences during play, since it has the PvP and guildsystem it has.
You can decide to settle at Veteran all you want, but other players in this Free-For-All PvP game we call Genesis, can decide to squash you within seconds with his Myth size, showing you clearly that settling for Veteran size isn't much fun, unless you like to play as other peoples toy and punching bag.

In a different game, perhaps you're idealistic view might be appropriate, but in a FFA PvP game, it's only a matter of time before you quit in frustration. Also staying at veteran level will also impede where you can go, who you can enjoy the game with, and which guilds you can join (most likely).
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 16 Jan 2011 17:33

I don't think any guild would keep you from joining if you reach Veteran level. If there is one.. please name it for me.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 16 Jan 2011 17:43

And you could go pretty much anywhere. It's just a matter of finding a proper team. I've never had problems with that as Rhaegar, in my experience there's always someone willing to take you into his team going to kill some phat mobs regardless of your size. While I agree on some points with your "FFA PvP" view, the fact is that Genesis is about much, much more than just PvP and it's not a game (at least for me) where you just need to accomplish everything alone. Teaming was invented for a reason.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 22 Jan 2011 12:26

Another update:

This weekend I managed to finish the crafting code! (finally ...)

So ...

Imbuement System: coded, reviewed for balance, balance fixes nearing completion
Newbie Dungeon & Quests: coded, playtested, final polish nearing completion
Crafting: coded and finished!

Huge thanks to Petros for a very fast first round balance review turnaround! Huge thanks to Lavellan for ongoing herculean efforts to get the fixes in.

With final polish going in, and balance issues well on their way to final green-light, I am now officially in pre-launch-grinning-mode.

Soon and very soon!
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 22 Jan 2011 12:48

Go Gorboth &CO.

By the way I really like how you keep us updated on this.

Any chance other things could have the same amount of updates inthe future as well? Like guild recodes (magic right now?) and Newbie dungeon / Webpage etc?

It keeps my spirits up atleast!

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 23 Jan 2011 12:25

How about a Progress thread, listing ongoing projects and status? Put it in a text file, and whenever you get an update about any project, you edit your file and then copy-paste it to the thread. Example:

Code: Select all

Web page:                89% done
Imbuement System:        coded, reviewed for balance, balance fixes nearing completion
Newbie Dungeon & Quests: coded, playtested, final polish nearing completion
Crafting:                coded and finished!

Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 23 Jan 2011 12:42

*can only shake my head to this one* I dont like questing, Game is grinding and RP for me.. So this is a part of the game, Im never going to be able to play along in, thanks....
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 23 Jan 2011 13:54

Alorrana wrote:*can only shake my head to this one* I dont like questing, Game is grinding and RP for me.. So this is a part of the game, Im never going to be able to play along in, thanks....
Its more then just quests.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/