Imbuements Imminent?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Imbuements Imminent?

Post by Cherek » 06 Jan 2011 14:26

Aha, a previous post, sneaky!

Yey! More quests! (some of us do like them)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 12 Jan 2011 00:31

Another update:

Imbuement system: Finalized and submitted for balance review.
Dungeon & Quests: Finished and undergoing playtesting and final polish.
Crafting: Infrastructure complete. Final setup in process.

Closer and closer!
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 12 Jan 2011 08:33

gorboth wrote:Another update:

Imbuement system: Finalized and submitted for balance review.
Dungeon & Quests: Finished and undergoing playtesting and final polish.
Crafting: Infrastructure complete. Final setup in process.

Closer and closer!
G.
YAY! GO WIZARDS!

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 12 Jan 2011 09:28

What is this coding madness! Since when do wizards code things so fast? Good work!

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 12 Jan 2011 22:24

Good job dude! :)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 16 Jan 2011 11:16

I just have to ask: why are you focusing on new stuff instead of fixing problem areas FIRST?!? When someone would be dying in the desert of dehydration - would you first give him water or build a 5star air-conditioned hotel around the place s/he's resting in?

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 16 Jan 2011 12:13

Yeps. With Go go girls and every thing too. ;)

Nah Ive been wondering about this aswell. And ill try to keep my polite and always fucking fun way here too :-P

The "what is important to solve list" has confused me dearly, Its okay to have Huge lacks and flaws in the game, but its not important to get em fixed, no lets have new quests and new items and new areas to fiddle around in. But What about playerbase, player building, keeping players, Its just not of any consern it seems. There have been promised player campaigns and work on getting more players, I dont know how. but that was the deal, to double the population. It could be that many new ones has come and then never return, If that counts as a new player in the game, then Job well done..

I dont get why we HAVE to have new quests, These Imbements quests that are going to be here, will be something I will NEVER EVER get done. and that just to bad for me i guess. Every thing you HAVE to do is borring, I did more quests with this Char than I can remember, but what I do remember is, its the worst part of the game.. Because its simply something YOU MUST do to gain any size advantage in genesis.Good no more about quests We all HATE em, just not Cherek and a few other wizards.. But Uber glad to see yet another thing implimented in the game Ill never going to take any part in.. **NOT**

So. Where was i going with this.. actually cant remember because the quest part bummed me out.. A crying shame there isnt room for us oldies anymore in this game. we can just pack our oppinions and leave dodge..

Ohh yeah.. here is the red thread... Fix current areas/guilds/the fix the playerbase/then fix the new stuff/then quests and BS for super hardcore players..
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 16 Jan 2011 13:58

Ehh have to finish quests to use imbuements sounds weird.
I had my hopes I could just rush about and collect bits everywhere and use them in some fashion.
If I must finish quests for every augment then there wont be any flaming-vorpal-armoured sledgehammer of ultradeathslaying

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 16 Jan 2011 15:11

Promotion of the game is one of my two current active projects. I have discussed that in other forums, and named our web artist Denis Loubet who has nearly completed fantastic new artwork for our webpage. As for what is being discussed in this forum ...
Laurel wrote:I just have to ask: why are you focusing on new stuff instead of fixing problem areas FIRST?!? When someone would be dying in the desert of dehydration - would you first give him water or build a 5star air-conditioned hotel around the place s/he's resting in?
Oh, I totally agree with this statement. The imbuements are not meant to be "something new" just for the sake of novelty or frills. The imbuements have been created to accomplish very specific things. Namely:
  • To make grinding actually something interesting, hopeful, and fun, rather than a never-ending stream of sameness in which you know the results before you even take your first step. Grinding instead feels like a thousand pulls at the slot machine - you never know what you are going to find, and it might just be that wonderful piece of magic you've always dreamed of.
  • To, with the aforementioned shift to interesting grinding, cause more players to enjoy what many have considered the most boring and repetetive part of the game, thus increasing the playerbase. If people truly love the new system, they may very well feel like logging in more often, and for longer periods of time. This is the main reason for all this code work! :-)
  • To address another problem we hear so much about - the limited array of magical effects that can be found on items in the game. Here, the potentials are nearly limitless. Need more haste? More defence? More armour class? More skill in this or that? Etc. etc. etc? Go find it!
  • To create a new crafting opportunity in the game. Lots of folks love to craft! This, too, will hopefully build the playerbase by increasing people's desire to spend time doing something they enjoy.
  • To create a new and interesting economy that promotes player interaction through the trade of desired crafting components. The auction house is predicted to play a major role in this economy, but time will tell.
BS? Hogwash? Wizard hype and hoopla? You be the judge! I cannot wait to get these things in the game and see if it accomplishes the above goals.

G.

p.s. Players do not need to complete the quests in order to use imbuements. Imbuements can be used by anyone, anytime, anywhere. Not doing the quests will mean you cannot learn to craft imbuements yourself. If I find that this ends up being bad design, and that the quests are too hard, I will change this immediately.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 16 Jan 2011 16:16

Alorrana wrote:Good no more about quests We all HATE em, just not Cherek and a few other wizards..
I doubt everyone hates all quests. I agree many are frustrating but many are also fun. But I am all for making it optional in some way, but also very rewarding if you do them. However I cannot believe I am the only one who thinks the _grinding_ part is the most boring aspect of the game. Atleast quests make you frustrated, grinding is just boring...:) So if imbuements can make that part a little more fun, thats great I think. Because if you think questing is something you have to do and feels "forced", what about grinding? Talk about forced.

I am worried it could turn into even more a bot/script-mania with solo people killing tons of small stuff on triggers to find more imbuements. But we shall see what happens. I hope I am not right!

And by the way I am not a wizard and have not been for several years. I play a mortal just like most of us. So not only wizards enjoy quests... :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/