Who is the most killed NPC?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Who is the most killed NPC?

Post by Cherek » 11 Oct 2010 21:50

Everytime I kill Kernan I feel a bit sorry for him. He's gotta be the most killed NPC?

Or? It would be fun to know who it is... since Kernan has been around so long, I cant think of anyone else, but it would be unfair to count the all time kills I guess. Is there someone else who can hold the record for most kills all time? Goblin Lord? How long has he been around? Longer than Kernan? But is he really killed that often anymore?

And if we dont bother about "all-time", who do you think is killed the most times during a normal 24 hour Genesis day?

I was gonna make a poll for it, but there is a maximum of 10 options so we'll have to discuss it instead. :)

I still think it is Kernan. Or possibly Alexander in Gont? Nahh... gotta be Kernan. Or?

Tive
Rising Hero

Re: Who is the most killed NPC?

Post by Tive » 11 Oct 2010 22:05

a troll!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 11 Oct 2010 22:10

Stop trolling.:)

The most killed UNIQUE NPC then!

Maybe the wise troll in Mithas a day when Irk is awake 24/7, but otherwise, probably not.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 11 Oct 2010 22:34

An NPC that was refound a few years ago by a large portion of Genesis would have had the spot at that point. I bet he wasn't alive for more than an hour or two at a time during Armageddon.

Nowadays it most certainly is Kernan/Shale. The only one who probably comes even close to that is Arlenn. Of course its dependent on who's playing at the times. I've seen kernan stay alive for 6-8 hours as I never found it realy necessary to kill him.

Overall I'd say the top 3 are:
1) Shale
2) Kernan
3) Arlenn

Which I actualy find amusing... Kernan only has the dragonscale of use which I find easier to get from other NPC's than him... and Shale really only has the kite-shield which is fairly rare for him to have as well.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 12 Oct 2010 00:08

Rat.

And no, I don't mean Poet.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 14 Oct 2010 04:56

If we are talking about named creatures, I would go with Shale myself, he is small, has stuff for everyone, and easy to find. If we go with generic NPCs, the trolls in Terel could be, since Irk and his pals have killed thousands of them (not even considering what everyone else has killed there).

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 15 Oct 2010 08:09

So you think Shale is more killed than Kernan?

I usually feel I find Kernan more often dead than Shale. As to answer Ilrahil, I think its alot about old habit. Flotsam is and old area, and most old players have an habit of killing him when passing by. More that than the equipment he is rarely using. Abou that, Solamnian broadsword used to be a pretty decent sword, especially for knights, maybe it still is? so its not only the scale.

I was thinking of named NPCs, but generic ones could be interesting too. I would think Gont guards in the tower are more killed than any trolls actually. Sure, some people live at the Terel and/or Mithas trolls, but not even Irk and his gang is around 24/7, recently not much at all, and the same goes for most big ones. I am thinking there are periods those trolls are pretty much left alone? So many more different people kill in Gont. So in average, I'd say Gont guards die more often than Terel trolls. Just speculating of course.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 15 Oct 2010 08:44

Watchful orc in Shire :)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 15 Oct 2010 09:34

was about to write a detailed note ... but that would show what I know about killing-habits of certain individuals :twisted:

when X is around:
hobbits and orcs in the Shire are ALWAYS dead

when Y is around:
wights and Haradrims don't live long

when Z is around:
dwarves in the dwarf camp have a hard time

I gotta find out how MMs are grinding and money-harvesting now ...

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 15 Oct 2010 11:18

Laurel wrote:was about to write a detailed note ... but that would show what I know about killing-habits of certain individuals :twisted:

You make it sound like you did some rocket-science research there :lol:
But when I stop crusing the smials, where can I be ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/