Newbie Guide

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Newbie Guide

Post by Amberlee » 17 Jan 2011 18:08

arcon wrote:
amberlee wrote:
Cherek wrote:Well, I think all races should be able to do all quests really.

However, I also agree with Creed. The balance of the races has always been flawed. Which is kinda sad since only those who wanna do serious RP usually chose some races. So if goblins are going to have these combat stats, they should also have some serious downside.

Goblins are the superior race in Genesis now. If the new spellcasting system makes INT and WIS more important, then some other races could be useful.

The way I see it hobbits and gnomes are for the moment very poor races. Dwarves and elves are somewhat better, humans okay but all are inferior to goblins.

What ever happened to elves being warriors of legend..
blablablablablablabla
blablablabla blablablablablabla
blabla:
fixed :p
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 17 Jan 2011 19:06

Elves...warriors of legends? I think the correct label is legendary stewpot ingredients, or legendary roasts.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 17 Jan 2011 20:18

Personally I don't have any biff with gobbos having their fun time now. Before them it was hobbits who ruled combat due to it being all dex based and gobbos suffered for many reasons:

1. Unable to do a lot of quests/enter certain areas/join guilds (and good aligned gobbos suffered double for that).
2. Problems with wearing equipment (ever tried to put on tempered greaves, white pelt etc. as a gobbo?).
3. Terel was a nightmare for gobbos before it was changed. Whoever coded it the way it was should never be allowed to code anything again. There's no place for racist code in genesis (unless it's thanars and red fangs, but that's different).
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 17 Jan 2011 20:50

Terel had items to counter the tall races only. blackened steel bracers and greaves could only be worn by short races. Same with feathered headdress. Tempered items could only be worn by tall races.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 17 Jan 2011 20:56

Rhaegar wrote: There's no place for racist code in genesis (unless it's thanars and red fangs, but that's different).

Eeeeeeeeasy now.. The Game can be as racial towards it people as it wants to be. Its a fantasy world. Im not saying people should rund around bluring racial insults towards eachothers, but if i want to play a fanatic elf racist i should be allowed to, and if there was an area for fanaticial elves he would live there, and be as racial towards dwarven players as I possibly could, with name calling and such. Im allowed to to so If i choose to. What I cant do Is bring RL racism in to the game..

Like dwarves are alowed to like no one els besides dwarves.. Again im not incurraging racial insults from real life in game. But In game my huge minotaur Is allowed to Call A dwarf a burping rock, stuntie, lunch, peck, or other downgrading things within the limet of the game.

If there was enough players Infact race wars could be come quite fun, Imagine Neidars beeing tired of Goblins smashing their plains and hometown(not possible tho.. but still). There should and always has been a polite tone on genesis, even with the thanars. So I do think racial areas should be, and stay, its a fantasy world, if a dwarf entered a dark elf cave.. Hes done.. and if a dark elf got caught by dwarves, they would be done :-P hehe

And Im pretty Sure your going to have hell to pay with the Wizards even for accediatial usage of any racial blur, I know I did..
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 17 Jan 2011 21:13

Goblins have drawbacks but they are superior when it comes to combat stats. However, rumours say some specials are based on mental stats aswell. In addition as quite big legend I cant attack several foes titans and champion can..that sucks. The worst part is I will never been able to examine the orbs and see all quests completed.

Anyway, I do feel abit sorry for elves and gnomes they are abit flawed. Hopefully the new magic system will fix that.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 17 Jan 2011 22:10

Ilrahil wrote:Terel had items to counter the tall races only. blackened steel bracers and greaves could only be worn by short races. Same with feathered headdress. Tempered items could only be worn by tall races.
Now then, please enlighten me what race are Dwarves? Are they short or are they tall? Because they could wear all of the mentioned items.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 11 Jun 2011 00:40

Should take all the which race is better stuff to another post.

I would add in acrobatics to the skills list.
Advice is basically max all adv guild skills you find because they are often useful in questing.
Anyone know which guilds give which? Might be a useful guide.
Running around as a noob when you know you need skill x and you try 7 guilds and not find it would suck.

Only ones I don't know are really worth anything are earth, life, death, wind, water spells etc.
Might be used on quests so go for it.

But when I saw these as a noob gladiator all those years ago I thought OH COOOOOOL going to be able to cast spells now. Sadly no.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 11 Jun 2011 00:53

The gont sailors are very hard for beginner.
At least the ones with sabres or heavy broad-bladed swords.

The is the orc temple which is very easy but poor exps.
BUT it has loot! Can load up and use the newbie pin home then rest to recover fatigue and go sell in sparkle shop then bank to make quite nice money for noobs. They have to remember to sell imbuement items on the AH for much better plats.

The kobolds in Terel are tiny might be another for lowbies.
Orc babies in cadu at killable by most anything and the lower level castle guards too.

There is a new (I think) newbie area south of pelagir. apprentice lvl or so
Have to squeeze thorugh trees in a room north and east a bit of the tour landing pier.
Its a one way entrance the exit is slip through trees in another room to the south.
If that is there to be a newbie area I don't know why they made it so hard to find!

Slightly bigger than the watching orc camp in the shire is the orc camp north of bree.
Remember to enter the tents in both of them.

I am not sure what level barrow wights start becomming killable at (adept)?
But they are great cash and nice to shift alignment. Something newbies really struggle with. Sacrifice duck quest can screw them :D

When I was small I went to Legion of Darkness at wanderer to get some kicks.
But it is a dangerousish place with the bats and dogs attacking you when you wimp around.

Did we mention water krougs?
Another hard to find one ugh.

Once the evils got to around adventurer they started to smash kabal noble houses.
Lots to kill in Kabal. Wayfareres guild etc.
Just a shame the exp not as nice as gont.

Raumdor town guards also popular with growing up evils.

With the imbuments system you would probably want to maximize the chance of finding something you can sell on AH for 40 plats or so. So picking npcs which use a lot of equipment would probably help there. So sparkle orcs to gont sailors to LoD to gont guards to kargs probably best?
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 11 Jun 2011 12:43

Have the newbie area been blessed with an INN where the players can get food and drink for free so
they won't get extremely exhausted when running around in the newbie area ????
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/