Newbie Guide

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Gub
Adventurer
Posts: 93
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 08:07

Re: Newbie Guide

Post by Gub » 10 Nov 2010 06:35

Ok well I'm on the fence about adding in warnings for this guide because I feel like it could become filled with various warnings all over it. We could write a whole guide just on the things you should beware of in Genesis (don't visit giants below wanderer, etc). But I am thinking that if the guide sends you some place "Go kill people in MT" I'll add a "Beware if goblin" clause. Does that work for you Draugor?

Added in some skills for the various sizes. Trying to think up more to add.

Sharn
Expert
Posts: 289
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 12:34

Re: Newbie Guide

Post by Sharn » 29 Nov 2010 10:41

1. Awareness is a must in newbie land before swim and climb.
2. I believe that unarmed skill works best at start rather then sword. Newbie help in the newbie land says so, too.

User avatar
Rhaegar
Legend
Posts: 960
Joined: 13 May 2010 06:22

Re: Newbie Guide

Post by Rhaegar » 17 Jan 2011 06:44

A nice idea. I think this guide should get stickied and it's still missing a couple of things:

1. Skills required to kill in mentioned areas (you can't kill small orcs in shire with sup amateur skills you get after tutorial as beginner, that's for sure).
2. Novice-Beginner killing area: Sparkle orcs.
3. Beginner-Apprentice killing area: Dwarves in Dwarfheim. Need some combat skills for that too.
4. Wanderer-Adventurer killing area: Argossian guards and small Kretans.
5. Places to get equipment that would be solo-able for small characters (it doesn't have to be great stuff, orichalcum swords and armours served me well during my Cadet days).
6. Best places to earn some money for initial trainings.
7. Thornlin Militia as a possible guild to join early. It's downsides are: remote location, race/align restriction, high penalty for leaving. But the trainings it offers are premium and their specials are great.
8. Suggestion to join some racial guild first. Those often offer valuable skills, be it combat or utility (awareness, trading, herbalism etc.)

Core newbie skills (in my opinion), listed by priority:
unarmed combat - this is your basic skill for combat, it also allows you to get some low level weapons if need arises
knife - cheap and easily accessible, you can get knives from charity box in Sparkle AG and Sparkle orcs (swords, although a popular choice, are also the most expensive to train)
defence - obviously, but training your weapon skill should come first as things early on don't hit that hard and it's better to just kill them fast
trading - to start getting your cash faster
herbalism - alternate income source
awareness - for some early questing
appraise value - trading booster (at least that's what I heard, if I'm wrong you can scrap that)

Maxing those in AG shouldn't take long and it gives you a nice base to start with.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Creed

Re: Newbie Guide

Post by Creed » 17 Jan 2011 10:40

I thought it was supposed to be the way it was, with goblins being left behind in some areas, due to quests or just traveling.
I mean, it can't be right that this race is supposed to get all the best of every world, without a single limit.

After the fighting system was changed and strength began to have a much bigger impact, you see a ton of minotaurs and goblins all over, where you rarely saw anyone before.
I don't understand why this single race is allowed to be so hopelessly unbalanced compared to the others. Looks to me like something the AoB didn't think about when making the new strength/damage system.
Just another bonus to the evil guilds.

Chanele
Titan
Posts: 510
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 12:39

Re: Newbie Guide

Post by Chanele » 17 Jan 2011 11:38

Knights should waste those evil Calian goblins.

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2774
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Newbie Guide

Post by Cherek » 17 Jan 2011 11:46

Well, I think all races should be able to do all quests really.

However, I also agree with Creed. The balance of the races has always been flawed. Which is kinda sad since only those who wanna do serious RP usually chose some races. So if goblins are going to have these combat stats, they should also have some serious downside.

Goblins are the superior race in Genesis now. If the new spellcasting system makes INT and WIS more important, then some other races could be useful.

The way I see it hobbits and gnomes are for the moment very poor races. Dwarves and elves are somewhat better, humans okay but all are inferior to goblins.

Creed

Re: Newbie Guide

Post by Creed » 17 Jan 2011 12:31

Chanele wrote:Knights should waste those evil Calian goblins.
Well.. I thought about it.
But I think it would be hard to put aside an age old alliance and so on, for the cause of 3 or 4 goblins.
I only remember there being 1 calian goblin, in the old days. I don't remember the name though. Something tells me Odysseus, but I might be wrong on that one.

User avatar
Rhaegar
Legend
Posts: 960
Joined: 13 May 2010 06:22

Re: Newbie Guide

Post by Rhaegar » 17 Jan 2011 17:04

Creed wrote:
Chanele wrote:Knights should waste those evil Calian goblins.
Well.. I thought about it.
But I think it would be hard to put aside an age old alliance and so on, for the cause of 3 or 4 goblins.
I only remember there being 1 calian goblin, in the old days. I don't remember the name though. Something tells me Odysseus, but I might be wrong on that one.
Odysseus and Morglum were calian gobbos. And Ody sure did get his share of hatred when he got gibbed by neidar guards when teaming with them etc.
After that calian gobbos kinda disappeared, when hobbits and militia were all the rage. From what you're saying I can assume that there's some kind of gobbo renaissance in calia?
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Amberlee
Myth
Posts: 1373
Joined: 08 Mar 2010 19:50
Location: Kristiansund, Norway

Re: Newbie Guide

Post by Amberlee » 17 Jan 2011 17:17

Cherek wrote:Well, I think all races should be able to do all quests really.

However, I also agree with Creed. The balance of the races has always been flawed. Which is kinda sad since only those who wanna do serious RP usually chose some races. So if goblins are going to have these combat stats, they should also have some serious downside.

Goblins are the superior race in Genesis now. If the new spellcasting system makes INT and WIS more important, then some other races could be useful.

The way I see it hobbits and gnomes are for the moment very poor races. Dwarves and elves are somewhat better, humans okay but all are inferior to goblins.

What ever happened to elves being warriors of legend..
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Arcon

Re: Newbie Guide

Post by Arcon » 17 Jan 2011 17:53

amberlee wrote:
Cherek wrote:Well, I think all races should be able to do all quests really.

However, I also agree with Creed. The balance of the races has always been flawed. Which is kinda sad since only those who wanna do serious RP usually chose some races. So if goblins are going to have these combat stats, they should also have some serious downside.

Goblins are the superior race in Genesis now. If the new spellcasting system makes INT and WIS more important, then some other races could be useful.

The way I see it hobbits and gnomes are for the moment very poor races. Dwarves and elves are somewhat better, humans okay but all are inferior to goblins.

What ever happened to elves being warriors of legend..
All lies!
But since elves are the only ones that are still alive from those "legends" they changed them.
They hacked history! :twisted:

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/