It seems odd.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alorrana
Myth

It seems odd.

Post by Alorrana » 15 Jan 2011 11:29

** edited due to editor is done pissing blood.**

More cleaned note under gorboths.
Last edited by Alorrana on 15 Jan 2011 23:28, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: It seems odd.

Post by Cherek » 15 Jan 2011 12:09

Calm down.:)

I see a couple of possible explainations:

A - It is like you say, the admin is completely corrupt and allow some people to script and some others.

B - The admin doesnt know the person is scripting since nobody reports him/her. Everyone just assumes "everyone knows about it".

C - The person, who is good at scripting, is also good at wizard-detection triggers so when a wizard checks him out he runs to the computer and acts like he is there.

I think B, or even more C, is the most plausible. Having that said, I totally agree with you. This idling and scripting is getting very annoying. Any given time atleast half of the population (or more) is either idling in their guild or script-killing / script-herbing and wont respond to anyone.

But I dont blame them only, the game is designed to support and reward that type of play. All we can do is try to be good helpful _active_ players ourselves. We cant change the game, nor the other players.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 15 Jan 2011 12:24

It's _definetely_ not B, and it's probably not A...and C maybe, doubt it though.

I think it's:
D - The Admin don't care enough to do anything about it, thus have made it perfectly acceptable to endlessly bot/script away.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 15 Jan 2011 12:27

Last edited by Alorrana on 15 Jan 2011 23:29, edited 1 time in total.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 15 Jan 2011 12:28

I dunno they are pretty sneaky when they want to be.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 15 Jan 2011 12:35

well they should tell him to remove hes helper ring sinch hes NOT helping.. But i guess having true newbies calling for someone who dosnt bother to answer them is just ok.. its better i guess.

Gees..

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 15 Jan 2011 18:18

I think its a mix of A, B and C

Been too many half truths, untruths and really wierd decisions comming from upstairs for me to have much faith in the admin anymore.

Alorrana: Enjoy the game on your own terms or.. dont.
We as players unfortunantly are just kids playing in the sandbox the wizards "own"

Would be somewhat interesting to see what they would do the day they realize they have chased away all the players though :)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 15 Jan 2011 20:47

** read note further down**
Last edited by Alorrana on 15 Jan 2011 23:30, edited 1 time in total.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 15 Jan 2011 22:21

Due to the nature of the accusation, it is usually entirely futile for an administrator to deny corruption charges, because someone who believes there is corruption will just see such a denial as further evidence of the corruption itself. It is one of those "perception is reality" things. That being the case, let me state a few very plain facts about me:
  • I do not have time to pay close attention to mortal behavior other than what might pop up on board, logs, communes, and mail. I do not have time to snoop players, watch what they do, etc.
  • I do not play the game myself, and so I really don't hear that much about what is considered "common" knowledge unless someone bothers to tell me.
  • I apply the rules evenly to all players and wizards.
  • I have done my best to stamp out all wizard corruption that I have known to exist in the game. To my knowledge, wizard cheating, good-old-boy-networking, favor granting, etc is completely a thing of the past.
So ... the truth to the question above is that wizards simply do not have the time or energy to follow very much player behavior these days. If someone goes *WAY* out of line, we notice, and the player is dealt with accordingly. But to notice something like a scripter failing to be attentive on the newbie helper line? Ummmm ... sorry, that is going to fly entirely under the radar unless someone reports it. Furthermore, assuming that we all know who such a player might be means you need to go back and reread the facts I posted above.

We do our best, but we have limited resources. :-)

G.

p.s. I am quite glad Alorrana is back. This is a guy who cares enough about the game to get pissed off! I join him in being completely unsatisfied with the current state of things. You can all be sure I and numerous other wizards work hard with every minute we can spare to improve the situation.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 15 Jan 2011 22:44

It's nice to have someone interested enough to get pissed off. But wouldn't it be better, if such person (Alorrana in this particular case, but I want to speak in general terms), when seeing situation that pisses him/her off, like the example in the OP, would do something along the lines of:
1. who w
2. mail a wizard, preferably someone you know is most likely to answer
3. Hi! There is this guy that promised some newbie to help him, he's on but is not replying to mails or the N-line for the past 30mins. Maybe it's nothing but I thought I'd let you know so you can check it out if you have spare time and feel it could be meaningful. Thanks in advance! ~A player who cares
4. Go help the newbie and wait for the wizard to reply before getting filled with rage and unleashing your anger on the forums/boards as you now know that you have done the right thing, your conscious is clear and you can savor the culprits demise and/or shame when you read about wizard's action against him on the common board

At least that's how I think it should look like: go through the official channels before whining on the out of game forums.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/