So how bad is...

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhaegar
Legend

Re: So how bad is...

Post by Rhaegar » 09 Feb 2011 13:01

Laurel wrote:there is no "shield" skill in Genesis ;)
There is. But only one guild has it (guess which one) ;)

I've been complaining all along that it should be made a global skill (like block) and shields shouldn't give AC bonus instead.
Then we would have AA with sup guru shield, NC with sup prof, SB and AA lay with sup craft, KoS with sup craft and all the others with sup lay. Would make more sense.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 09 Feb 2011 13:46

Rhaegar wrote:
Laurel wrote:there is no "shield" skill in Genesis ;)
There is. But only one guild has it (guess which one) ;)

I've been complaining all along that it should be made a global skill (like block) and shields shouldn't give AC bonus instead.
Then we would have AA with sup guru shield, NC with sup prof, SB and AA lay with sup craft, KoS with sup craft and all the others with sup lay. Would make more sense.
hence to me it is the skill of a special (that requires a shield) - not a global skill
also - render any differences in shields useless, for the sake of 1 skill? just get ANY shield and have all the benefits of silva?

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 09 Feb 2011 14:21

Not all shields would be useless. There are some that give you additional damage (although very little), protection from acid and elements etc.
It would also be nice to see some new shields appear, some that would perhaps increase the shield skill (silva?) and give other bonuses.

AC is there to simulate the effect of armour absorbing some force of the blow. The shield is a different tool as it works more in a binary way, hit/no hit. So, the armour should affect the PEN while shields should affect the HIT.

Of course, there are other possibilities, shields still can keep their AC bonus with the introduction of global shield skill but this bonus should be greatly reduced.

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 09 Feb 2011 16:09

I'm with Laurel on this one. To me Angmarian's "Shield" skill was for the special ability you gained in the guild "cover". I don't think everyone should get it or if they do (As most people get block, and KoS ability) it should be at AG levels, just like block is. AA pays a tax for that, and they should be more proficient at it.

Also there are guilds (DO) that use shields like weapon users do their swords/clubs/polearms/knives/X-weapon. We rely on that AC to be an effective and desireable team-mate. Otherwise people would just go with Neidar's for team-tanking for them. (Which I'm assuming already happens:))

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 09 Feb 2011 16:31

I don't want another global skill that I won't be able to take part of :)
But personally I find it somewhat amusing you can actually walk about and fight properly using onr or even two tower shields.
Considering tower shields practically were immovable objects used in siege warfare.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 09 Feb 2011 16:58

Alexi wrote:I'm with Laurel on this one. To me Angmarian's "Shield" skill was for the special ability you gained in the guild "cover". I don't think everyone should get it or if they do (As most people get block, and KoS ability) it should be at AG levels, just like block is. AA pays a tax for that, and they should be more proficient at it.

Also there are guilds (DO) that use shields like weapon users do their swords/clubs/polearms/knives/X-weapon. We rely on that AC to be an effective and desireable team-mate. Otherwise people would just go with Neidar's for team-tanking for them. (Which I'm assuming already happens:))
I guess no one cultivates Beregond's tradition in DO any more? No armour at all is best armour ;)

But it might've changed after the recode. Before that it was 7 seconds of plexus every 10 seconds so I didn't have much trouble handling legend+ NPCs/players at expert.

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 09 Feb 2011 18:35

OgreToyBoy wrote:I don't want another global skill that I won't be able to take part of :)
But personally I find it somewhat amusing you can actually walk about and fight properly using onr or even two tower shields.
Considering tower shields practically were immovable objects used in siege warfare.
Agreed. And hilarious that someone can walk around and fight with 6 swords in their pack, 3 sets of armours and be burdened.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 09 Feb 2011 19:31

Better to have items being very heavy if not worn or wielded.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 09 Feb 2011 20:12

*STOP*

Fantasy worlds do have alot of strange and magic packs. Like the shops in genesis realm has. Lets not try and make the game "to real" okay.. :) Its still a fantasy world, everything dosnt have to make sense..

*Carry on*
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 09 Feb 2011 20:55

Alorrana wrote:*STOP*

Fantasy worlds do have alot of strange and magic packs. Like the shops in genesis realm has. Lets not try and make the game "to real" okay.. :) Its still a fantasy world, everything dosnt have to make sense..

*Carry on*
Agreed and I tried to spew upfront sarcasm there. If a guy walks around with two shields its not because its "doable" in the real world, its because its "doable" in Genesis, a fantasy online game.

Otherwise you'd go hit your local McDonalds and see a Ogre there!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/