Imbuements

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ilrahil

Re: Imbuements

Post by Ilrahil » 23 Feb 2011 19:44

Well Straag if you read my post when I get an unbreakable weapon like your sledge I'll test it. Until then I'm content with what I have.

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 24 Feb 2011 09:59

gorboth wrote:There will indeed come a time when some sort of compendium has been formulated, and that is just fine. :-)
Great! So there you have it, you people complaining on the ident cost! Just sit back and wait a little, and let us who are willing to pay for idents do the work. I'm sure the compendies will start popping up in no time. I've got 8 imbuements identified sofar myself, and only had to pay for two of them. I se no problem with that cost.
gorboth wrote:With regard to distribution... Lets live with it a while and see how it goes. ;-)
I really can't argue against that. I, as some others, are afraid of this cherrypicking (thanks for that word, Sharn), and I see no problem (codewise or storywise) changing it to visible-on-death. But you are right - we don't have to fix it until/unless we are sure it's broken. It's very possible it will work fine just as it is.

It'll probably take a while before I pay that 1000 pc for a random enchant, but I will do it at some point. If nothing else, just to try it out. See it as a bonus-perk for bored millionaires, and don't bother about it, unless you feel lucky (and then give us your thoughts in the flames section :-))

What we common-people are interested in is, I believe, the possibility to imbue _specific_ bonuses into our beloved equipment. And collecting and trading these imbuement stones will hopefully start a whole new market. I'm looking forward to the buying and selling of these stones.

Oh, and I really loved the storyline and the quest overall. Except you could have made the opposition a little tougher.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 24 Feb 2011 11:44

Thanks Booger! I'm really glad you enjoyed the quest. In terms of how tough I made the npcs, I wanted it to be solvable for a newbie fresh out of the tutorial without any guild specials. If you want to try it on "difficult" setting, just don't use any specials and see how you do. ;-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 24 Feb 2011 12:02

Aye, we need more quests like that.

One minor issue I noticed is: when I was doing it there were 3 other players in the dungeon.
We all waited about an hour for the respawn of the NPC we were supposed to kill.
Its not that big deal but little annoying compared to the otherwise flawless, fun ride.

For me it was about two hours total. One hour questing - one hour waiting.
Probably respawn time for key NPCs might be tuned up a bit.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 24 Feb 2011 16:08

The problem you had Sharn in regards to 3 people in the dungeon will level out as the active players from when it was opened finish up the quests. The rush to get them done typically keeps the npc's dead fairly often.

I'm looking at the dungeon posssibly right now as a good PvP spot with those marvelous amulets.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 24 Feb 2011 16:54

Ilrahil wrote:The problem you had Sharn in regards to 3 people in the dungeon will level out as the active players from when it was opened finish up the quests. The rush to get them done typically keeps the npc's dead fairly often.

I'm looking at the dungeon posssibly right now as a good PvP spot with those marvelous amulets.
Was thinking the same thing, but wouldn't high skills you get, excellent gear and specials render it a bit harsh (ie: one shot kills)?
Didn't look into it yet, but if the amulets make you small, perhaps they could also reduce your skills and such?
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 24 Feb 2011 17:46

They also reduce your skills but imbuements make those skills go up ;)

Gub
Adventurer

Post by Gub » 24 Feb 2011 19:05

Have to say that I think its all great. Job well done G.

The quests are a perfect difficulty setting, great for those new into the game. The storyline is fun, quirky, and a little sadistic (I think we've come to expect this from Gorboth quests). I love how the amulet scales us down, very interesting!

The imbuement system on the whole is fantastic, once you get your first imbuement drop you feel like the coolest kid on the block.

Between these quests (Enchanters), the ones you've added to Sparkle, and newbie-land I think people new to Genesis will really see the best it (Genesis) has to offer. Seeing Sparkle begin to take shape into the "hub" you've always talked about is really a lot of fun!

Overall I'm just very impressed, and I look forward to the progressions it will make. You've added a very fun element to Genesis and I hope that the game continues to expand on this platform, because I think its a great one!

Kudos.

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 24 Feb 2011 19:45

In regards to Gub's last post about Sparkle being quite a newbie friendly place I think the only thing that might be a good addition is maybe a roaming NPC or two that actually nudges you in the direction of the Librarian and Enchanter so that you can start the quests. If you didn't know the quests existed as a legitimate first time player you may not know for a long while.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 24 Feb 2011 20:27

AND PLEASE put some place to buy food.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/