Imbuements

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Imbuements

Post by gorboth » 19 Feb 2011 17:08

Cherek wrote:My first comment though is... 1000p for a random imbuement? I dont know if anyone have tried it, and how good they are. But for the majority of people 1000p is still ALOT of money I think? But perhaps the imbuements are so great its worth it? But considering the time it would take to gather 1000p I have a feeling you'll stumble on way more imbuements while collecting the 1000p...? But perhaps the super-rich will use it...? and maybe that is the point? On the other hand the super rich are those who like killing small stuff for loot, so they will most likely found tons of imbuements while looting anyway...
Expensive - yes, and for good reason! :-)

The fact that imbuement is extremely random and extremely low probability means that most imbuements are going to occur on craptastic items that drop in grinding areas. Thus, the chance for an imbuement to occur on one of the elite weapons in the game is vastly low. With that 1000 plats, you can take your FBB to Sparkle and make it even better than it used to be. This, the power to improve elite weapons, must be costly.

But even so, it is a 1000pc roll of the dice. You might get exactly the imbuement you *don't* care about on the FBB. Random can be your friend or a cruel trickster, depending on the fates.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Freya

Post by Freya » 19 Feb 2011 17:20

gorboth wrote:
Cherek wrote:My first comment though is... 1000p for a random imbuement? I dont know if anyone have tried it, and how good they are. But for the majority of people 1000p is still ALOT of money I think? But perhaps the imbuements are so great its worth it? But considering the time it would take to gather 1000p I have a feeling you'll stumble on way more imbuements while collecting the 1000p...? But perhaps the super-rich will use it...? and maybe that is the point? On the other hand the super rich are those who like killing small stuff for loot, so they will most likely found tons of imbuements while looting anyway...
Expensive - yes, and for good reason! :-)

The fact that imbuement is extremely random and extremely low probability means that most imbuements are going to occur on craptastic items that drop in grinding areas. Thus, the chance for an imbuement to occur on one of the elite weapons in the game is vastly low. With that 1000 plats, you can take your FBB to Sparkle and make it even better than it used to be. This, the power to improve elite weapons, must be costly.

But even so, it is a 1000pc roll of the dice. You might get exactly the imbuement you *don't* care about on the FBB. Random can be your friend or a cruel trickster, depending on the fates.

G.
I was hoping to see some other kind of payment than platinum...

I ask myself why are we going to reward the people who have been scripting for coin for years?

I'd rather have an alternative method of payment introduced, otherwise we'll just see how the increased scripting for coin will increase, and IMO thats not a good thing.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 19 Feb 2011 17:33

Aye. and than this superduper enchnted FBB fill break in 2 sec on first troll in mithas. Bye bye 1000pc + effort and risk of getting FBB.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 19 Feb 2011 18:18

Davvol wrote:Aye. and than this superduper enchnted FBB fill break in 2 sec on first troll in mithas. Bye bye 1000pc + effort and risk of getting FBB.
Umm.. Im not good with swords but isnt the FBB non dulling?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Feb 2011 18:30

Good point Davvol. If someone does use the 1000p option it will only be on unbreakable stuff I would assume.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 19 Feb 2011 18:31

Cherek wrote:Good point Davvol. If someone does use the 1000p option it will only be on unbreakable stuff I would assume.
I can think of a few other things to use it on other then non breakable items ;-)

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 19 Feb 2011 18:42

But a random enchant for 1000 platinum seems awful.
Let's say I go enchant my hammer of death and get a +50 tracking bonus to it.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 19 Feb 2011 18:48

but for glowing crystal axe 1000pc to increase damage or, let say, dex of wielder can be nice. There is very few unbreakable items worth spending that money. And i think this should be considered when balancing it, cause some guilds can get more from it. I can't remember, for example, any ubreakable one handed sword woth wielding. Maybe only blackened scimitar, but it's average in quality. On other hand there is some club, axe(s) and, i'm not sure, polearms of good quality what is umbreakable.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 19 Feb 2011 19:04

Davvol wrote:I can't remember, for example, any ubreakable one handed sword woth wielding.
a certain quest reward
Kit's sabre is dulling/breaking?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Feb 2011 19:05

I dont think Kit's sabre is dulling or breaking. If I remember correctly. I think there are more swords that dont. And even more of other types of weapons.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/