Imbuements

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
OgreToyBoy
Champion

Re: Imbuements

Post by OgreToyBoy » 22 Feb 2011 08:07

Yes random is just like that hehe, but for some only 5 out of 100 tries will yield something useful.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 22 Feb 2011 08:42

Just like the gambling on diablo 2 ;)

Just makes it that much better when you got an amazing piece of equipment after going through the 15 items of crap.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 22 Feb 2011 09:51

But 15 imbues is 15000 platinum. I don't know about you but I don't make 1000 platinums every day playing.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 22 Feb 2011 12:11

Re: Booger - We definitely aren't going to make the imbuements different looking for each player. There will indeed come a time when some sort of compendium has been formulated, and that is just fine. :-)

With regard to distribution. Here's what I hear people being worried about: People will run around, load areas, and only bother to kill those npcs that load with imbued items. Then, the next people to come along have to kill all the npcs in the area to get them to respawn with new imbuement chances. You are correct. It will still work, though. Lets live with it a while and see how it goes. ;-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 22 Feb 2011 12:13

It will do fine, the enchantments are cool.. we all just have our wishes :-P but the money drop will surely come, as Ogre mentioned, 15 items=15000 plats.. thats a HUGE amount.. but in general that would be the only complaint.. its all good.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 22 Feb 2011 13:29

Greneth wrote:Just like the gambling on diablo 2 ;)

Just makes it that much better when you got an amazing piece of equipment after going through the 15 items of crap.
Gambling in D2 turned to garbage when you no longer got uniques and sets there.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 22 Feb 2011 14:25

gorboth wrote:Re: Booger - We definitely aren't going to make the imbuements different looking for each player. There will indeed come a time when some sort of compendium has been formulated, and that is just fine. :-)

With regard to distribution. Here's what I hear people being worried about: People will run around, load areas, and only bother to kill those npcs that load with imbued items. Then, the next people to come along have to kill all the npcs in the area to get them to respawn with new imbuement chances. You are correct. It will still work, though. Lets live with it a while and see how it goes. ;-)

G.
There is similar thing on Everquest 2. Players have to gather resources for crafting.
Some resources are more needed then others.
So of course players run around "cherrypicking" :mrgreen: more valuable resources.
Then, same like in genesis, other players have to collect less valuable resources (read junk) to spawn more valuable resources.

I mention it, because I like the cherrypicking term :mrgreen:
Cherrypicking FTW! HAR!

PS. So I guess the after arma race is back! Used to be equipment race, now changed for imbuements?
But maybe the imbuements are not considered worthy racing?

Creed

Post by Creed » 22 Feb 2011 17:11

Wouldn't it be nicer for everyone, if an item actually first changed to show an imbue ment, when the original NPC holder of it died?
That way you would have to kill all the NPC's, to find anything, since nothing would show before it was lying on the ground..?

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 22 Feb 2011 18:04

Creed wrote:Wouldn't it be nicer for everyone, if an item actually first changed to show an imbue ment, when the original NPC holder of it died?
That way you would have to kill all the NPC's, to find anything, since nothing would show before it was lying on the ground..?
It seems so. I suppose there are technical problems with it, as I cant think of no other logical reason.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 22 Feb 2011 19:11

sharn wrote:
Creed wrote:Wouldn't it be nicer for everyone, if an item actually first changed to show an imbue ment, when the original NPC holder of it died?
It seems so. I suppose there are technical problems with it, as I cant think of no other logical reason.
You could just create a special commnand like 'einspect' that would reveal if item has special properties of not.

The following is just my presumptions:

Currently:
If a random number out of pool of numbers is selected, the item is being spawned with special properties.

Could be:
Item is spawned with special properties and random number is generated when 'einspect' command is used, also adding 'already inspected' property to the item as to avoid 'einspecting until successfull'.

Much more time consuming this way as you need to pick up every single item and 'einspect' it.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/