Imbuements

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Imbuements

Post by Cherek » 22 Feb 2011 19:17

Rhaegar: What good would it do if things takes much longer time and is more annoying to do? :)

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 22 Feb 2011 19:25

Cherek wrote:Rhaegar: What good would it do if things takes much longer time and is more annoying to do? :)
I guess nothing. Was just commenting on Sharn's 'techical difficulties' and stuff.
Personally I'm not the least interested in imbuements. Perhaps when I reach some huge size and I have a huge stash of spare coins I'll look into them.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 22 Feb 2011 19:28

Rhaegar: Ah. I think it all sounds more complicated than it has to be. Its fine now I think, except I would rather see the actual imbuement appear upon death, not when the NPC loads.

I dont know if it is technically harder. But I suppose that is a pretty big change code-wise.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 22 Feb 2011 20:14

Cherek wrote:Rhaegar: Ah. I think it all sounds more complicated than it has to be. Its fine now I think, except I would rather see the actual imbuement appear upon death, not when the NPC loads.

I dont know if it is technically harder. But I suppose that is a pretty big change code-wise.
If you understand the storyline, you will understand that it would make absolutely no sense for imbuements to magically poof onto an item once an npc dies. That is not how imbuements work at all.

Theme trumps, unless there is some considerable gameplay problem. In this case, the gameplay effect is a matter of preference rather than playability. So, we stick to what is thematic. ;-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 22 Feb 2011 20:27

Gorboth:

Well I do get the story. But trying to get a closer look at someone's equipment while its on them is pretty hard I would assume. It wouldnt be totally out of place if you would not notice it until the item leaves the person its on...

Guess that was what Rhaegar was saying in the first place which I didnt get.

But its a stretch...:)

Playability? Well, eople harvesting places for imbuements without even having to kill stuff. Just move on from place to place with "examine everything" triggers and scripts. Guess I always imagined you'd need to kill things. But maybe its better this way, atleast its something else than the usual killing and anyone can do it no matter of size and skill (almost).

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 22 Feb 2011 20:48

Cherek wrote:Gorboth:

Well I do get the story. But trying to get a closer look at someone's equipment while its on them is pretty hard I would assume. It wouldnt be totally out of place if you would not notice it until the item leaves the person its on...

Guess that was what Rhaegar was saying in the first place which I didnt get.

But its a stretch...:)

Playability? Well, eople harvesting places for imbuements without even having to kill stuff. Just move on from place to place with "examine everything" triggers and scripts. Guess I always imagined you'd need to kill things. But maybe its better this way, atleast its something else than the usual killing and anyone can do it no matter of size and skill (almost).
The way I currently understand it, is that upon first "spawn" of the NPCS of an area there is a % chance they will spawn having a "unusual, peciular or exotic" item that holds imbuement. After the initial spawn (say armageddon driven) people will need to start resetting the npcs (Basically killing them) in hopes the next reset of that NPC will come back with an imbued item.

What is interesting is to point out places that have great XP (Mithas and Terel Trolls, or Neraka for a lesser one) are infested with NPCs that hold no items on them. So places like Centaurs, Faeurn, Qualinosti, become much more attractive for its "double bonus" ability to give decent XP and offer the chance to find a imbuement.

Now if the avid imbuement hunter wishes to really up their chances, Kabal, Khalakor, Pax, Dwarf Camp, Middle Earth NPCS hold a higher value now because of their pre-disposition to have armours/weapons in mass quanities?

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 22 Feb 2011 20:54

Alexi wrote: What is interesting is to point out places that have great XP (Mithas and Terel Trolls, or Neraka for a lesser one) are infested with NPCs that hold no items on them. So places like Centaurs, Faeurn, Qualinosti, become much more attractive for its "double bonus" ability to give decent XP and offer the chance to find a imbuement.
That is pretty nice I think. Players need to make a choice, best-XP or less XP and imbuement chance.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 22 Feb 2011 21:18

I think cost for identifying is a little bit to mach. It should be 10-25-50 plats. Really, I'm champ, my bank account is not so big, to pay 100pc twice a day. Alos, i suggest there should be special skill, like herbalism.
Lets compare
Herbalist ask nothing for identification. Herbalism is common skill, so you can identify herb by yourself or join craftsman guild.
Enchantment costs 100pc to identify single item, so close to 50000pc to identify all, if imbeuments has 500 different types (we have like 300-500 herbs in Gem). There is no skill, what allows you to identify item by yourself.

All rest is perfect.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 22 Feb 2011 22:31

Davvol: Te begin with its a one time only cost. Once you know how something look, you know. You can also team up with others and share your discoveries, drastically reducing money you need to spend per person. Or trade items. Even though I initially thought this would be very lonely, it does have a few sociall aspects too, atleast during this phase.

And, I also think you need to investigate other ways to identify the items. The realms have quite a few. Paying 100p may be the "quick and easy way" if you got the money for it. If you dont, or dont want to spend it, there are a number of ways.

Targun
Adept

Post by Targun » 23 Feb 2011 02:44

I think system is more or less alright. It is a bit difficult to judge whether the cost is too high or too low in such an early phase. I would also cast my vote for the imbuements appearing on death rather than on spawn.

The rp explanation that it might be difficult to spot a tint or take a closer look- especially if an enemy is hostile or wearing for example a cloak- works for me. And it would much better reflect the described idea- every kill is a pull of a slot machine. You can never know, there's always a thrill, instead of script race and knowing before hand. Not something big, but it would be preferable for me this way. Just my opinion though.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/