Need for a change

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhaegar
Legend

Re: Need for a change

Post by Rhaegar » 22 Feb 2011 02:30

Cherek, the Disciples are gone but evils can now join the Minstrels.
Isn't half the fun (especially since there's no blind and you have to follow the muses with their silly-sounding titles instead of sirens with cool titles) but still you get heal, rest, light, pax and all the other things I probably forgot about.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 22 Feb 2011 02:32

Alorrana wrote:
Cherek wrote:What would balance things in your opinion?

On the Neidars and Calians beeing neutral, thats just BS. they are good guilds, only team with goodies, and only goodie laymans to them.. so fuck them, they might be coded neutral, but the players surely considere them self holy, and i bet if all neidar went evil they would be changed to work. Now, there are like 2 active neidars.. and thats it. and they are pretty uptight about beeing goodies.. so..

If a guildmember gets punished by code if he slips into a to evil align he aint coded neutral for shait :P So both of those guilds fall outside that

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 22 Feb 2011 13:46

Cherek wrote:Or make RDA more of an "evil" calian type guild? Up their offensive power, make BDA the tankers and RDA the offensive guild?
Ummm when I came back to Genesis a year ago.
I was a champion and knight. I met Rage (RDA minotaur) killing knights near the Vingaard Keep.
I had silvanesti shield, midnight black platemail, and bloody steel club...probably best eq out there.
Rage took me to rather hurt in one impale :)
RDA does not need more damage for sure. They sure could use defensive or team ability.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 22 Feb 2011 15:01

Tested RDA damage output/tanking capabilities in regards to equipment (props to Wulfhere):

Code: Select all

EQ vs fight duration:
Excellent halberd - short
Sleek steel-bladed poleaxe - medium
Silvanesti tower shield + shimmering multi-colored spear - long

The outcome of the fight was the same in all instances (against similar level Neidar) ie: loss but always brought Neidar to vbs.
But it clearly shows that RDA can change their role with equipment easily. Poleaxe being a good balance between damage and tanking (stuns help a lot); EH, SOH, LFG etc. being nice damage boosters and with shield and multi-colored spear you can tank fairly well.
The point of this post being that not every guild should specialize (like Calians specialize in teams and Neidars in tanking to the point where they work rather poorly when in a role not fitting their specialization), there are positive things to being a good all-around fighter with the ability to become a bit more tanky or a bit more damaging when need arises.

And on a sidenote: Why the hell can Mercs get skills up to sup guru? I think it would be more fair towards other guilds if they could adapt whatever they want but can't go past sup master (which is pretty high if you ask me). There's a price to pay for dedication and the reward usually involves superior guru training.

Targun
Adept

Post by Targun » 22 Feb 2011 16:21

Alorrana
(I really hope I didn't misspell your nick. No matter how much I try I never can figure out double 'l' and 'r'). Balanced? Definetely yes. It is an absolute foundation for any game that wants to be succesful in the long term run. Otherwise what all these two years of 'balancing' would be for. Equal? Hell no! It ought to work in a manner where;Guild 1 gets A ability, Guild 2 B, Guild 3 C and so on. Whereas on Genesis nowdays one side got A, B, C and D while the other side is there to have these abiities used on them. It is a kind of solution, yep... Not sure if appealing to many people. Doesn't seem so.
Sharn
Were you an elf back then as well? I believe it is rather difficult to judge a guild on one special. Besides there are quite many factors you did not include. If you were an elf your con is very low at rising hero/hero goblin lvl. Rage if I'm not mistaken was a myth, wasn't he? As a mino surely going for str. Impale takes some time to load, you must have gotten hits in between and with his size and good polearm they could hurt. No other specials hit you? You attacked him or he went for you (autoimpale)? Finally, where did the special hit? If it was a 'head' slot the silvanesti/robe/platemail hardy help. So you probably went from almost sl hurt to the verge between rather hurt/hurt. If you were a gobbo you'd mos tlikely ended up sm hurt. (Provided no special/hits reached you in between the health checks). With the size range and a long loading special that is impale, it's not something utterly cool, especially Rage still got quite lucky probably and it's very unlikely every special hits ike that, as there would be at least someone playing RDA in such case. Which is not the case.
Cherek
Well, the answer is quite simple- there are no abilities you do not know of. It's like you were saying noone from the good guys would not notice abilities like block, resque, swarm, mb and so on, and the evil guys never utiized it for... what reason? And they do not have any useful team abilities. In fact we descrbied how the dragons work. It rather discourages teaming. You are right that Genesis has troubles with keeping its players. There are multiple reasons for that. Though we've got to be aware that since AA nerf and the fight among wizards, who couldn't reach agreement and some of them left, the playerbae has been cut by half. Sure not all of players would stay, but definetey so much wouldn't have left. Furthermore will any of them encourage his friends to play the game they found didn't actually change? Someone whines, here comes the nerf bat, renders the guild and work of many people useless. And sometimes it's a vocal minority that whines.

Creed

Post by Creed » 22 Feb 2011 17:12

Sharn.. that sounds rather unlikely.

An RDA with a club doing impales? I would imagine that he had least had a polearm of some sort??

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 22 Feb 2011 17:32

Creed wrote:Sharn.. that sounds rather unlikely.

An RDA with a club doing impales? I would imagine that he had least had a polearm of some sort??
Sharn as a Knight had the Bloody Steel Club.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 22 Feb 2011 19:06

There is a club you can impale with (hacktack or whatever the name is). I remember Neidar/Militia using it for crush/jab.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 22 Feb 2011 19:07

Its actually an Axe/Polearm ;) The Ornate Hacchak from Mithas.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 22 Feb 2011 19:23

Oh yeah. My bad :)
I guess it was chop/jab then.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/