Need for a change

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Targun
Adept

Re: Need for a change

Post by Targun » 05 Mar 2011 13:06

Yes, but if proportions are relatively small, there are no enormous size differences, which allows to balance the game versus certain range of POINTS and rather accurately predict what is going to happen. I didn't say XP curve becomes more or less steep. It stays the same. New myth is at 2/3 of the old myth. I've written this number of times. The function is also multiplied by *2/3. We can even safely add one or two levels, as you cannot grind past myth too many lvls. It's all about- getting to expert or rising hero will make you a nice addition to any team. Yes you will be twice smaller, but you will be e.g. 50 points behind only. Which is same amount of points between e.g. a champion and a a myth now.

As I said. The scaling down was one of the suggestions. I think it could be good, if we try it for some time. And after all see what players feelings are. The gaps between new and old players are too big to get as a steady flow of them. Which prevents existance of population of mid-sizes, which leaves new players with hardly anyone to play with. Old ones are not used to team, because they can solo everything. Even if we did get enough people there will be not enough xp grounds, as 10-15 people actively playing would clear everything that has any worth in the game. I am aware of the fact that there are no simple solutions, but there are some perhaps. If you think something doesn't help what does? I do believe it's wishful thinking that Genesis will be able to keep players coming from the rank sites. If indeed many players come from such palces.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 05 Mar 2011 20:40

I still think a hard cap around titan-champion would solve 90% of the issues.
But it would also leave many people unhappy.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 05 Mar 2011 21:09

Targun wrote:noones going to get you xlink new people, unless you do it by yourself
I did
my gf quit Gen after leaving newbie grounds (rest of Gen quests are not that obvious anymore while fighting is not that easy anymore neither)
my friends (like Valthard, Tanthalis, Hub, Tive, etc.) prefer other games - with more graphics and more interaction per second (FPS, RTS, etc.)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/