Who List

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Revert Back to the old Who List or stick with the new?

Old
49%
New
51%

Total votes: 47

Laurel

Re: Who List

Post by Laurel » 24 Jun 2011 19:43

How positive ... is your attitude to people who don't share your opinions always as openminded? I'm asking cause I did read this thread but somehow don't feel convinced by anything already written in it.

Anahita
Adventurer

Post by Anahita » 24 Jun 2011 20:02

Newbie helpers can choose to mark themselves as such or not under the current system. The whole point of being a newbie helper is to...be public! And you can turn it off! Perfect!

As I said, RMC announces you've logged on and I'd guess that the vast majority of characters who would face PVP are RMC members, so it is hard to see the inequity of newbie helpers being listed at their option or not. But, if someone wants to be anonymous and go through the royal pain to make themselves so by avoiding all the clubs/guilds that would publicize them indiscriminantly then they should be able to.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 24 Jun 2011 21:34

Anahita wrote:Newbie helpers can choose to mark themselves as such or not under the current system. The whole point of being a newbie helper is to...be public! And you can turn it off! Perfect!

As I said, RMC announces you've logged on and I'd guess that the vast majority of characters who would face PVP are RMC members, so it is hard to see the inequity of newbie helpers being listed at their option or not. But, if someone wants to be anonymous and go through the royal pain to make themselves so by avoiding all the clubs/guilds that would publicize them indiscriminantly then they should be able to.
People should be able to participate in helping Newbies without being at a PvP disadvantage.

As for the rest of your note - I disagree.
The benefits of the open system for the game in general far outweights the benefits of the few that might want to try and be anonymous, as if that's possible.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 24 Jun 2011 22:13

I have been wondering why helpers can see eachother. They should only be able to see newbies and the newbies should be able to see helpers and newbies. And I also think that people should be allowed to choose if they want to show themself to unknown people or not. And if they don't show themself they can't see other unknown either and make it so that you can only change the setting once a arma.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 24 Jun 2011 22:30

Makfly wrote:The benefits of the open system for the game in general far outweights the benefits of the few that might want to try and be anonymous, as if that's possible.
shall anyone ask (not that I expect that to happen): I fully agree with this statement

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 24 Jun 2011 22:40

I think depending on a war system it can be negatively used.

Take Arcon for example. For him if he did not introduce to any members of the dragonarmy he would be at an advantage as they would not know he is awake. With this system they can.

I've used it a lot. I use it to see when mages or priests who I know the name of but don't have in memory or on to gauge risk factors of neraka or haradrims. Yet it could spark more interaction whether negative or positive if I was unaware.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 24 Jun 2011 23:42

DA's and Knights had a treaty long ago to always introduce themselves to each other.
Most honoured it.
Apart from some RDAs who wouldn't intro to anyone, BDAs even, heh, they liked to be asses.
Just a point of interest that.

But yes your example was quite true.
Having someones intro allowed certain scrying techniques etc but was also great to know when your enemies were on.
More for assessing the balance of power and threat level more than constantly hunting someone.
So in the old system most peoples heads were full of enemies names rather than friends if their head was full which is likely.

I like the new system, as you can see when friends and enemies were on.
Yes it could be annoying for some second / returning player who wants to be the nameless foe.
You know the type, short bland description, usually a mercenary / thief, likes to pkill.
Don't think we get many of these nowadays.

The only beef I have with who and remembering is I would like more spaces in my head, as its sad to delete someone from memory to make room for a new friend or foe. I have deleted some great names just because they no longer play.

Also having a report for the last commands would be nice instead of having to use the command for everyone individually.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Anahita
Adventurer

Post by Anahita » 24 Jun 2011 23:44

Tarax the Terrible wrote: The only beef I have with who and remembering is I would like more spaces in my head, as its sad to delete someone from memory to make room for a new friend or foe. I have deleted some great names just because they no longer play.
Agreed! I just had to forget several people to make room for new ones. :(

Strider
Adept

Rembering Inactive Friends and Foes

Post by Strider » 25 Jun 2011 00:01

Tarax the Terrible wrote:The only beef I have with who and remembering is I would like more spaces in my head, as its sad to delete someone from memory to make room for a new friend or foe. I have deleted some great names just because they no longer play.
This is especially tough with the reinvigorating old players portion of the promotional campaign. It's like burning items from a museum's collection when you run out of display space. Perhaps this could be addressed by allowing people to move names of characters who have not been on for a sufficiently long time into storage, where only the "last" command still thinks of them as known. Should that character become active again, one can simply remember them back into memory if one has an empty slot.
The preceding collection of words was presented by Strider's Player.
Any meaning you ascribe to them is most likely due to lucky happenstance or your misinterpretation.

If you'd prefer Strider's opinion, you'll probably have to ask for it in game.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

namespace GenesisPlayerMemory

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 25 Jun 2011 00:39

Good analogy and good concept.

I would like to be able to "remember" everyone I have ever been introduced to.
And have a "trackname" and "untrackname" command for whether or not they are appear in my who list and I can see their titles.

Just think of all those stats Gorboth is missing out on.
Most Remembered player is X.
New Player creating the bigest waves is X.

Add a friend/foe/neutral tag.
X has the most foes etc.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/