Who List

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Revert Back to the old Who List or stick with the new?

Old
49%
New
51%

Total votes: 47

Ilrahil

Re: Who List

Post by Ilrahil » 24 Mar 2011 20:40

Been gone for years. Such a nice incantation... a command I've only used once but for some reason still know it.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 03 Apr 2011 22:37

another usage of the new who-list I noticed:
people logging on their seconds when they KNOW they can/should

example (hypothetical, of course):
your alt wants to join guild A
your main sees the guild-leaders of guild A awake
your main logs off, your alt logs in - win

another:
your alt wants to perform some actions (tasks, spying, whatever) without other guild members around - win

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 04 Apr 2011 02:24

Laurel: Sounds like good usage to me.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 04 Apr 2011 05:54

Cherek wrote:Laurel: Sounds like good usage to me.
I do hope your being sarcastic

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 04 Apr 2011 12:23

Greneth: No I was being serious. Laurel's examples does sound like good usage to me.

Instead of idling with one char waiting for someone to log in, you play your other char and switch when whoever you are waiting for logs in? Whats wrong with that?

And the other example too. Same thing.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 04 Apr 2011 12:46

I am starting to like the list, whenever Arcon loggs on I can scry him and keep him from doing something he shouldnt :P and I dont have him in mem but I can always see that little knight bastard :P

Seriously, give us the old who list, its silly.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 04 Apr 2011 18:45

Draugor wrote:I am starting to like the list, whenever Arcon loggs on I can scry him and keep him from doing something he shouldnt :P and I dont have him in mem but I can always see that little knight bastard :P

Yeah, it's a blast.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 04 Apr 2011 19:38

arcon wrote:
Draugor wrote:I am starting to like the list, whenever Arcon loggs on I can scry him and keep him from doing something he shouldnt :P and I dont have him in mem but I can always see that little knight bastard :P

Yeah, it's a blast.

Aint it? Leave my plains alone!
Give us the old who list so people wont be able to do stuff like this -.- Seriously

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 05 Apr 2011 01:34

I still think the new list is better in many ways.

The ability to see when your recruitment officer, mentor, sponsor, squire, applicants etc is on is to me a good thing. In the past you had to set up a meeting to get your introductions first, and often you dont have a spot to remember new people... and you have died so you would have to remove like 20 names to be able to remember a new. Now you can see the person is on and contact them right away. And yeah, even if you see it with your other char, log out, and log in, what the harm in that? Its good people get together imho. Play your other char while waiting for you mentor to log in? Sounds good to me. Its a win-win situation.

New players/characters seeing everyone online is also good I think. Makes you feel less alone, and its really hard getting friends without even knowing who is awake. try create a new char without telling your old friends and never type "who". See how easy it is to get help with stuff and make new friends? I think its gonna be a pretty hard life trying to contact anyone. All you got it your nlist and it doesnt have that many people on really... eventually you'll start remembering people you accidently bump into but it takes time...

I even think its good you can scry Arcon. Keeps him on edge and he feels something is actually happening in the game. It also opens up for some conflicts between you two. You can see when he try to conquer your plains. Well thats good. Whats bad about that? Players meeting other players is a good thing for the most part.

In the war system I would even like to see the defending side get a notification when someone is trying to conquer your plains. That would be more fun than how it works today when you suddenly notice "oh the plains are gone".

Oh yeah, and not to mention old players returning seing nobody of their friends awake. With the new who list they might atleast notice a few familiar names. And without the new who list I would never have seen two oldies like "Iliana", or "Illusion" suddenly returning to the game. Which they seem to have!

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 05 Apr 2011 10:12

I'd say alot of people have left due to the new who list since they cant be anonymous, not all changes are good, I'd say the new who list is a pretty shitty one.

Newbies can have the nlist to go after those are the people that actually matter to them anyways.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/