PvP

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ilrahil

Re: PvP

Post by Ilrahil » 25 Mar 2011 17:40

if you guys (there's been discussions about it before) find brawl to be so good - how come you're wearing those uniforms instead of Ranger-cloaks anyway?
Oh let's see. I applied to the rangers with a character a couple years ago. I didn't even make it to being an apprentice before Xar leaked to all the active rangers who I was, and I was turned away. No you were not active Laurel.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 25 Mar 2011 17:50

I once had a ranger :shock:
But well, I got caught killing gondor guards as a pupil and my career died :lol:

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 25 Mar 2011 17:51

Ilrahil wrote:
if you guys (there's been discussions about it before) find brawl to be so good - how come you're wearing those uniforms instead of Ranger-cloaks anyway?
Oh let's see. I applied to the rangers with a character a couple years ago. I didn't even make it to being an apprentice before Xar leaked to all the active rangers who I was, and I was turned away. No you were not active Laurel.
People can't seperate Characters in the game, even though each enity is suppose to be unique. Hence why I don't believe in Roleplay that much. If someone knows X is still Me, there's no way of getting around that when they make a decision if you try to app to their guild. Would be like Lindros trying to Knight with a second, and if everyone knew who his second was it would be a laughable attempt at best.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 25 Mar 2011 18:25

Alexi: Well nobody can separate chars, we're human. But what you can do is not tell people who you are if you start a new char. Most people do tell, so they can gain some easy combat XP etc, or just to let their friends know who they play now. Well, then go figure. People will judge you for your other chars. Personally I even try to separe ingame chars from the forum because otherwise I would not feel I could speak freely here.

Anyway... does every single thread have to be about how useless this and that guild is?

This thread was about how PvP could be better in general I think.

Draugor: Well good for you. But with the attitude that everyone should be grinding in this game all their RL-awake hours to be able to recover in reasonable time, you're excluding a very large part of our playerbase. You say people are afraid of nothing... well... sorry, the current non-existant state of PVP kinda proves you wrong. And you cant just tell people "hey, you are afraid of nothing, start killing eachothers"... I seriously doubt it will work.:) Something is keeping people from pfighting. Personally I think it is mainly a combination of three things:

- Not enough players to wage wars.
- Very hard to kill someone due to lack of abilities that keep people from running.
- Way too high penalty if you die, and no real reward for killing someone.

With these three things improved, or just one of them, I think it would be very helpful for PVP.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 25 Mar 2011 18:30

Cherek wrote:
Draugor: Well good for you. But with the attitude that everyone should be grinding in this game all their RL-awake hours to be able to recover in reasonable time, you're excluding a very large part of our playerbase. You say people are afraid of nothing... well... sorry, the current non-existant state of PVP kinda proves you wrong. And you cant just tell people "hey, you are afraid of nothing, start killing eachothers"... I seriously doubt it will work.:)

I'm saying that compared to the old days when people where pvping and dying front left and center, returning andn ow caring the punishment was ALOT worse and it was a complete bitch to recover.
Today its piss easy in comparison So I aint really sure why people all of a sudden are so insanely scared, is it cause of the myth race? :P

And Laurel, I'd give the curse up in a second for a decent special that worked in another way than just enhance the damage boost.
I was actually planning to go ranger years ago, but there where no active members for one, second I'm a Krynn freak and disslike ME a wee bit,not as much as I hate Sybarus but still pretty much

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 25 Mar 2011 19:48

Draugor wrote:And Laurel, I'd give the curse up in a second for a decent special that worked in another way than just enhance the damage boost.
you got more than DAs had when they launched
you got more than not-yet recoded guilds (SS, besides Rangers)
whining is my business - don't try to push me out of it! :lol:

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 25 Mar 2011 19:59

In the past not many were very very violent when they went to PvP.
The larger you grow the more you got to loose, even with recovery I'd say it would take me
somewhere around 40-50 hours logged in xp'ing to recover totally. Yes my questxp stink.
I'd rather do a minimal progress in 'new xp' than make 4 fantastic recovering :D

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 25 Mar 2011 21:01

It seems to me, that

proposed changes:
  • less penalty for PvP death
  • reward for PvP kill
  • more PvP movement control skills
lead to ganking as desired gameplay?

If there is a reward (and a good one why not?) for killing - why not gank people in Sparkle?

For me the desired gameplay is PvP. Both winning and losing. Need both winner and loser to have PvP.
Both should be rewarded.
It is how the battleground in WoW works, isnt it? (I am not sure)

How to do it? I dont know.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 25 Mar 2011 21:17

Make some point-system for scoring pkills, and then add a merchant in Sparkle or even place like Kabal or Tyr arena where you can turn the points into some fairly decent gear ;P

you know... system like in those present in most current MMOs :)

of course, then people would start dying and probably abuse the system too, hehe.

Zingil
Apprentice

Post by Zingil » 26 Mar 2011 20:00

For the record, the reason your character was turned away was NOT because the character was a second of yours Ilrahil. The reason was actions commited by the character against several Rangers prior to applying to the guild. You did attempt to offer restitution for the actions but it was not enough to sway the victims of your actions enough to allow you to join the guild.

Never was your main character mentioned in the discussions on whether to let your second character join the Rangers or not. And it was not Xar who revealed to Zingil that the character was a second of yours, Ilrahil ;)

-Zingil's player

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/